Civic 2016 EX- Stereo Touch Screen won't turn on!!!!

samuelmei2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Started my car this morning and noticed the Touch screen display didn't turn on. Tried touching the screen and (Power) button, nothing. Restarted the car multiple time, nothing. I can't even change radio station on my wheel control.

Anyone had any success with this issue?

Attachments

dick w

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Civic Sedan Touring, '18 CR-V Touring AWD
Country flag
But you hear the radio station? Hmmm. I'd definitely call Honda TS. (Honda In-Car Technology Support: (888) 528-7876.) (They'll tell you to go to the dealer. But at least they'll add it to the metrics.) I'd also consider pulling the fuses (18 and 19 under the hood, IIRC) briefly. Or taking it to the dealer. Probably in that order.

OP
OP

samuelmei2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
way ahead of you. Appointment already set up. Will call Honda TS today to raise this issue awareness.

OP
OP

samuelmei2012

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Everything is working normal now. The screen finally powered up after I got off work. The screen showed "it lost power and needed to be restarted by holding the power button" haven't had a problem since Saturday.

akb333

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX (Had a 2016 Touring but traded it due to issues)
Everything is working normal now. The screen finally powered up after I got off work. The screen showed "it lost power and needed to be restarted by holding the power button" haven't had a problem since Saturday.
Good! Hopefully you're in the clear now. :)

JJT3

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EXL with navigation
Just happened to me yesterday. I had the system turned off and when I started the car I tried to turn it on, it did not work. I drove it straight to the dealership and they had to reboot the whole system and I mean everything to get it to work. Honda tech was closed yesterday and that was the only way they could fix it. They are supposed to call tech tomorrow and get back to me.

Mrowe90

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Ex
How did you restart it? By the power button do you mean the little tab that is for day/night cycle?

dgarcia619

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase
This actually happened to me earlier. It wouldn't turn on. Drove about 15 minutes parked went into the store, and when I got back to my car and started it, the touchscreen turned on. It said it needed to restart due to loss of power and had to reacquire the GPS signal. The only correlation I can think of is I let the car sit without starting for a week, perhaps that had some effect to it. Hopefully this is just a one time occurrence.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
This just happened to me on my vacation. This morning I started it up and display did not come on, and the dash display had a continuing spinning circle . I tried shutting off and restarting a couple times, no luck. Then I pulled my 10mm wrench from the glove compartment and did a battery cable reset. This did the trick although the car had to go through its initialization startup. However, the right camera does not work anymore even when I press the button. I've had this car for 6 months now and 6800 miles and this stuff happened for the first time.

npike

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring (Cosmic Blue), Jeep Wrangler X
Country flag
Same thing just happened on my Touring. Called in car support number, they said to take it to dealer immediately.

Dealer just unplugged the battery, held the positive and negative ends together and then put them back. Car started and head unit worked.

Service manager said "honestly, this happens all the time".

Disconcerting.

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
Same thing just happened on my Touring. Called in car support number, they said to take it to dealer immediately.

Dealer just unplugged the battery, held the positive and negative ends together and then put them back. Car started and head unit worked.

Disconcerting.
What...all the time..I still say the HU has an overheat issue and the safety circuit has to be reset with complete power loss.

hunter44102

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Hybrid, 2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
my issue happened the first powerup in the morning. to me it seemed like it got stuck in initialization

dgarcia619

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Vehicle Showcase

Disconcerting.
Hello npike,

What dealership did you go to?

KevinInFrisco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Honda CRV
I just had this problem on my 2015 CRV.
First radio didn't change stations. Then I noticed the screen had like 5 small ovals with a few characters. Couldn't do much of anything but volume. Not even backup camera worked.
I tried to turn it off.
Turn the car engine off and on.
Pressed and held the radio power button.

I don't know if the car turning the engine off and on(while parked of course), or holding the radio power button but the system restarted with its normal "HondaLink" splash screen.
Now all is well.

So I would suggest to try "Press an Hold the power button" for a few seconds (maybe 5) and see if that triggers a reset. The screen did go blank before the reset too.
Sponsored