Civic 2.0 wont flash back to factory

JoelG

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX
I have a 2017 Honda Civic Ex 2.0 CVT. I recently successfully flashed to the base tune provided by ktuner, however, it has been running with check engine light on as well as emissions system problem warnings. The car runs just fine as I have noticed no other problems besides my remote start unable to work after the flash.

I recently attempted to return to factory tune and successfully reflashed it due to ktuner. However the way it drives after reflashing back to stock feels the same as the base tune from ktuner as if the return to factory flash did not work or the car has not settled into it or something. I also must mention that even after the return to factory flash, my remote start, CEL and emissions system are all still giving me problems even tho ktuner software claims I have successfully flashed back to stock.

I have attempted to contact Ktuner directly however they have been out of office for the past 3days.

Any assistance much appreciated.

Also, the base tune automatically places factory throttle response. Is it safe or recommended to imply improved response 1 & 2 in the quick adjustments tab? What is the difference between the two? Thanks again.
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Were you able to unlock the Ktuner device from your ECU? That is one way to help confirm a successful "return to factory".

OP
OP

JoelG

First Name
Joel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic EX
Were you able to unlock the Ktuner device from your ECU? That is one way to help confirm a successful "return to factory".
I have not tried to unlock from ECU due to my car feeling that it is not back to stock yet. I will try to unlock after work.