Civic 10th gen multimedia lcd touchscreen flickers

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
That's fine man!! THey're ordering the screen now, i hope the change will fix it!! (Knock on wood), but can i ask you what is your firmware for the replacement screen?? I helped my cousin bought a 2017 lx and it has firmware 191. something!!
It's around here on the forum somewhere. Back a few pages on this thread I think, I'll try to find it. It was all new I know that. Just request them to get one from a 2017, like as new as possible, it'll be good.
Sponsored

sgk1503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
Country flag
It's around here on the forum somewhere. Back a few pages on this thread I think, I'll try to find it. It was all new I know that. Just request them to get one from a 2017, like as new as possible, it'll be good.
Thanks man!! I appreciated your help!! I'll update whenever i got replace!!

vaporX

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic - EX-T
Country flag
Can i ask you for the firmware of your new screen?? And congrats man, u got problem free now!!!
Well I believe it's just the screen that's changed. I'll take a look into the firmware soon and let you know.

se7encrows

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Well I believe it's just the screen that's changed. I'll take a look into the firmware soon and let you know.
Does changing the screen not change the firmware? I figured that was tied to the screen.

Oliseles

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
No longer the owner of a crappy 2016 Honda Civic EXT. First and last Honda for me. Never again.
Country flag
I figured as much. They "changed" my screen but all the info was the same. So I'm sure nothing was actually done.
It wouldnt be a surprise to me if no work was actually done by your dealer even though they billed Honda for it
They are the most shaddy and dishonest people in the world
I realized that after buying my first Honda
This is how they make most of their money
By billing Honda for work done under warranty
And sometimes no work is actually done on the car
At least not the work they billed Honda for

Jeebs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic
My screen was replaced twice before it actually worked

Although I have 2 receipts saying they changed the screen on separate occasions, the dealer told me the first time they only actually changed the "unit" attached behind the screen as process of elimination. Sounds sketch I know.

Each time I picked up my car my settings were always automatically restored.

My car was bought may 2016

sgk1503

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 2016
Country flag
I dropped my car for screen replacement today! Knock on wood that everything will be ok!! I'll upate u guys what happen next :)

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
I just took it back from the dealership, they changed my the display screen but the info is still the same. Is that the same as yours??
What's your build date, my info changed because mine was built nov 15

abham07

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
What's your build date, my info changed because mine was built nov 15
Apologies if this was already discussed earlier.. my 2016 civic's version is Ver.1.F186.69. Anyone know if it's possible to have it updated to the Ver.1.F191.59? Is there a TSB i can use to get the dealers to perform the update? And does anyone know what the difference between these two versions is?
Sponsored