Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan, Others
Country flag
Please keep in mind, this product is not designed for public highway or street use, and is only legal for formally sanctioned race use on a racing vehicle that may never be used on a public highway or street.

Product link for pricing and full details: https://www.procivic.com/p/m/civic/s...-fuel-kit.html

sirimoto-e85-flex-fuel-kit_LRG.jpg

77561.jpg

Key Features
  • Includes everything you need for a complete installation.
  • Weatherproof terminals and connections.
  • Tefzel wiring, nylon sleeved for added protection.
  • High quality Deutsch connector.
  • Sensor assembly can very easily be rotated to accommodate other nearby modifications, like an oil catch can.

More Details / FAQ
Q: What is E85 and why does it easily give so much more power on this 10th Gen Civic turbo?
A: E85 is a biofuel composed of up to 85% ethanol. The remaining 15% of the fuel is traditional gasoline. Keep in mind the ethanol percentage can be lower during the winter months in some areas. The ethanol often is made from corn and is the same type of alcohol you would find in hard liquor, with the exception that fuel ethanol is denatured with additives to make it undesirable and harmful to drink.

The main reason E85 allows for some much more power than traditional gasoline is that it has a very high octane rating, usually from around 100 to 105 octane, compared to 91 to 93 octane from normal gasoline. This high octane rating allows E85 to resist engine knock. Engine knock occurs when areas of the air fuel mixture ignite before the should due to excessive heat for the fuel type used. This is bad because it can cause extra stress on the engine, and doesn't make optimal power either. From the factory, this 10th Gen Civic 1.5L turbo engine is "knock limited", which means it cannot achieve its maximum design power on normal gasoline due to engine knock occurring. E85 basically eliminates this constraint, allowing this 1.5L turbo engine to achieve the maximum power possible for any given boost level.

The only real drawback of E85 is that it will reduce your fuel economy because you need more of it per unit air. One nice side effect of that is that extra E85 fuel will help cool your combustion chamber and turbo, and thus help maintain maximum power and reliability.

Q: Why a Flex Fuel kit?
A: The "Flex Fuel" part of this kit refers to the ability to run any amount of ethanol you want, from 0% to 100%, so you never have to re-tune or worry about how much E85 you filled up with. In general, the more you fill up with, the more power you get. However, if you choose not to use a Hondata basemap and instead get an aggressive custom tune, you will find that the power gains do taper off after about 40% ethanol. In that case, E30 to E40 could potentially give you the best combination of power and fuel economy. With the Hondata basemap, power will continue to increase until about E80. In either case, just use the ethanol gauge we include to see what % ethanol you're running after any given fill up.

Q: Ok, so what do I need to buy?
A: Amazingly, all you need is this SiriMoto Flex Fuel Kit and a red (race) Hondata FlashPro, along with some E85. This flex fuel kit constantly monitors how much ethanol is in your fuel, displays it for your information on the digital gauge, and then tells the FlashPro. The Hondata FlashPro dynamically recalibrates your ECU to give the optimal power gains on any percentage of ethanol you happen to have in your tank.

Q: Is a custom tune necessary?
A: No, it is not. To get the advertised gains, all you need to do is install this kit, reflash your ECU with the appropriate E85 Hondata FlashPro basemap, and fill up with E85. If you have a CVT transmission, torque gains will be limited to ensure transmission reliability. If you have a manual transmission and want even more power, a custom tune (higher boost and more aggressive timing) combined with other bolt-on parts can easily push you past 300 hp. Keep in mind that the Hondata FlashPro basemaps are deliberately conservative, designed with maximum reliability in mind, so they will require about 80% ethanol before giving the most power. If you get an aggressive custom tune, you will find that you will not see much power gains going over 40% or so ethanol in your tank. However, as mentioned, a Hondata basemap will offer better reliability as it is conservative enough to account for sensor inaccuracy and uses more E85 for any given power level, so your engine and turbo will operate cooler.

Q: Where can I get E85?
A: The easiest way is to look for E85 stations using websites such as getbiofuel.com or e85prices.com. There are many stations available throughout the United States. Simply fill up your race fuel jug with desired amount and be on your way to better lap times!

Last edited:

FK7_

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Si Sedan, 2015 Acura MDX Elite
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If Canada had readily available ethanol gas I would be all over this. Looks great :thumbsup:

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Does E85 corrode anything inside 10th gen?
@procivic
This is a really good question, and we wondered about this ourselves at first. The final answer we came up with was No.

First off, this 10th Gen Civic is more or less a "world vehicle" and was designed to accommodate the fuel types found throughout different countries. For example, in Brazil it is common to find E27 (or so) in the regular pump gas. So, you would think that the car had to be designed to withstand ethanol if basically the same one is sold in different countries.

Still, just to be sure, if you look at the factory fuel lines, you'll see they have ETFE printed on them, which indicates they are lined on the inside with ethylene tetrafluoroethylene, a type of plastic. This plastic layer prevents alcohol from corroding the lines. To me this indicates that Honda designed the car to be compatible with higher ethanol contents than just the E10 typically found in pump gas in the U.S.

Last edited:

l15b7allturbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
This is a really good question, and we wondered about this ourselves at first. The final answer we came up with was No.

First off, this 10th Gen Civic is more or less a "world vehicle" and was designed to accommodate the fuel types found throughout different countries. For example, in Brazil it is common to find E27 (or so) in the regular pump gas. So, you would think that the car had to be designed to withstand ethanol if basically the same one is sold in different countries.

Still, just to be sure, if you look at the factory fuel lines, you'll see they have ETFE printed on them, which indicates they are lined on the inside with ethylene tetrafluoroethylene, a type of plastic. This plastic layer prevents alcohol from corroding the lines. To me this indicates that Honda designed the car to be compatible with higher ethanol contents than just the E10 typically found in pump gas in the U.S.
Perfect. Right now I'm running on 100 octane just to test it out.. my knock stays constant at 0.49

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Will it be a problem running 85 ethanol free?
That's the great thing about the "Flex" part of this kit...you don't have to worry about how much E85 you fill up with. You could just run straight 91 octane if you run out of E85, and everything would still be fine.

Last edited:
OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I forgot to mention that Hondata also recently added in E85 cold cranking fuel enrichment as a new feature on the basemaps. So, basically, you shouldn't have any issues with starting your car. Normally on high concentrations of E85 the engine can take a little longer to fire up.

Ephex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Could I still benefit from this if I run 91 octane with 10% ethanol? Thats the closest I can get we're I live

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could I still benefit from this if I run 91 octane with 10% ethanol? Thats the closest I can get we're I live
No, you'll need to add additional ethanol to that.

OP
OP
procivic

procivic

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.procivic.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah the factory ECU already will account for that 10% ethanol in the regular 91 octane gas. Keep in mind it is still 91 octane despite the fact that it is made from 10% ethanol. This basically means the gasoline part of the fuel is slightly lower than 91 octane. Not exactly great quality stuff, at least for performance. :(

Mister2kris

First Name
Kris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback LX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Any kits like this if you already own Ktuner?