Cilajet issue with MY CTR

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 ABM Civic Type R, 2005 S2000
Hey all,

Not sure if this is something that happened to anyone else who got Cilajet on their cars from the dealership. Basically, I picked up the car from the dealership and they applied Cilajet on the car as per purchase agreement. A week goes by car has just been in my garage mostly and I gave my car the first wash, I didn't use soap just a pre-soak just water to wash the car down after it was driven shortly in the rain the day before.

While the car was drying I noticed that parts of the car started to dull with this waxy white substance that's cloudy. I thought it was just some sort of splash or something with the rain the day before, but then alot of the car started to have this dull waxy cloudy substance. When you touch it it's powdery in some areas waxy in another.

I've never Cilajet or ceramic coat before so I'm not sure if this is normal. Currently waiting for the dealer to call me back and get me a time for them to reapply and fix it. Update: Car is going back into the dealer for removal and re application on Monday.

Wondering if anyone had experienced this with their Cilajet or Ceramic Coating?

Honda Civic 10th gen Cilajet issue with MY CTR IMG_5465.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Cilajet issue with MY CTR IMG_5466.PNG

Honda Civic 10th gen Cilajet issue with MY CTR IMG_5467.PNG

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Hey all,

Not sure if this is something that happened to anyone else who got Cilajet on their cars from the dealership. Basically, I picked up the car from the dealership and they applied Cilajet on the car as per purchase agreement. A week goes by car has just been in my garage mostly and I gave my car the first wash, I didn't use soap just a pre-soak just water to wash the car down after it was driven shortly in the rain the day before.

While the car was drying I noticed that parts of the car started to dull with this waxy white substance that's cloudy. I thought it was just some sort of splash or something with the rain the day before, but then alot of the car started to have this dull waxy cloudy substance. When you touch it it's powdery in some areas waxy in another.

I've never Cilajet or ceramic coat before so I'm not sure if this is normal. Currently waiting for the dealer to call me back and get me a time for them to reapply and fix it. Update: Car is going back into the dealer for removal and re application on Monday.

IMG_5465.PNG

IMG_5466.PNG

IMG_5467.PNG
My humble advice: DON’T LET THEM TOUCH THE CAR AGAIN. 99.99% dealer applied paint protection is junk and basically is just a cheap wax. Civic have pretty thin clear coat to begin with and letting dealer “reapply” that crap will make it worse. They will likely buff the hell out off the paint using cheap aggressive pads leaving swirls, hologramms and tons of other defects behind. If you are unable to cancel it and get a refund, swallow the pill and take it to reputable detailer - been there, done that and learned my lesson. But please, don’t let them touch the car. It is a crime to mess with such a beauty. If you were in Texas, Spring I’d detail it for you for free..well, for a spirited ride in a passenger seat lol

OP
OP
Chikane

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Thanks, The dealer admitted to not putting it on right and repaired it correctly. Now the car looks good and the white marks are gone. They didn't give me a hard time either I'm sure it's not at the best grade of ceramic coating. But it was part of my accessory add-on that the dealer was supposed to do with the purchase so I'm glad it worked out.

I'll leave this thread here, in case someone else gets Cilajet and have the same issues.

CTR_TCB

First Name
Huey
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Pilot Touring AWD
Country flag
Thanks, The dealer admitted to not putting it on right and repaired it correctly. Now the car looks good and the white marks are gone. They didn't give me a hard time either I'm sure it's not at the best grade of ceramic coating. But it was part of my accessory add-on that the dealer was supposed to do with the purchase so I'm glad it worked out.

I'll leave this thread here, in case someone else gets Cilajet and have the same issues.
Can you share what was the issue and what the dealer did to fix it? Any wash to your car since? Thanks.

OP
OP
Chikane

Chikane

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hey there,

The dealer reapplied the coating they found that they might not have done a good job applying and gave a car a full detailing. I don't have any other issues with it. But I think if it's not applied correctly you can see those waxy rings, caused by the buffer.

Best

UFO CTR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR#1348
Country flag
Hey all,

IMG_5465.PNG

IMG_5466.PNG

IMG_5467.PNG
garbage work!!! go return the car!
Sponsored