tye13

First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic EX-T 2018
hi everyone,

I have the 2018 civic sedan with the chrome grille and I’ve been wanting to change it to a black one, here are my options:

1) paint it to the glossy black colour of the sport/si trims (anyone know the paint code?)
2) paint it to the same black colour that my sedan is
3) buy the oem sport hatch grille and put that in

Anyone have any suggestions as to which one I should do? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Sponsored

NaOH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring
Country flag
I’m ordering the OEM sport grill myself. A bit more money than knock off but I know I won’t have fit/mounting issues.

hi everyone,

I have the 2018 civic sedan with the chrome grille and I’ve been wanting to change it to a black one, here are my options:

1) paint it to the glossy black colour of the sport/si trims (anyone know the paint code?)
2) paint it to the same black colour that my sedan is
3) buy the oem sport hatch grille and put that in

Anyone have any suggestions as to which one I should do? Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated, thanks!

OP
OP

tye13

First Name
Tye
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
honda civic EX-T 2018
I’m ordering the OEM sport grill myself. A bit more money than knock off but I know I won’t have fit/mounting issues.
How much is it if you don’t mind me asking? I found an aftermarket one for 200cad

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is the right way as always.

Not only you won't get the best fitment, it actually stress the small little tabs on top which creates visible gaps. The worst scenario is having broken tabs eventually, then you are end up a saggy nose grille. The bumper would have to be replaced once the tabs are broken.

NaOH

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Touring
Country flag
$330. Same price as ordering from the US after shipping and exchange but right from my local dealer.

How much is it if you don’t mind me asking? I found an aftermarket one for 200cad

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
I bought a aftermarket type R style black grill to replace my chrome grill. My dealer is refusing to help me because of liability using a non Honda part. I've watched the videos on Youtube. I think I could do it, but I'm not 100% sure. Would it be better to take it to a body shop or do it myself? Removing the clips and screws underneath the car look challenging because I don't have a good jack, and removing the bumper from the fender/headlight area.

hikaru

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sedan 1.5T, 2009 Accord Sedan 2.4 LX-P, 2000 Civic Sedan EK4
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I bought a aftermarket type R style black grill to replace my chrome grill. My dealer is refusing to help me because of liability using a non Honda part. I've watched the videos on Youtube. I think I could do it, but I'm not 100% sure. Would it be better to take it to a body shop or do it myself? Removing the clips and screws underneath the car look challenging because I don't have a good jack, and removing the bumper from the fender/headlight area.
The knockoff typically doesn’t fit well. The retaining tabs in the bumper where they meet the upper grille will be stressed and cracked eventually, and you will end up with lots of gaps.

Honda Civic 10th gen Chrome Front Grille change 56C9BC59-5783-4DF7-AA7F-E576C739E161

Honda Civic 10th gen Chrome Front Grille change E9EB476A-6619-46A3-B99D-93F88A79C979

Hondaman_MI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17' Civic EX-T
Country flag
The knockoff typically doesn’t fit well. The retaining tabs in the bumper where they meet the upper grille will be stressed and cracked eventually, and you will end up with lots of gaps.

56C9BC59-5783-4DF7-AA7F-E576C739E161.jpeg

E9EB476A-6619-46A3-B99D-93F88A79C979.jpeg
It's getting delivered today, I think I'll sell it on Ebay. I'd rather keep it stock than have gaps.

FR32H OJ

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
$15 worth of plasti dip worked for me. 2 cans black + 1 can gloss
Sponsored