Chrome Delete 2019 Civix EX?

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you want, College Hills Honda sells the door window trim in black and you just swap them out. It’s not cheap like $200 but it’s going to look the cleanest.
Sponsored

Beaudixon2019

First Name
Beau
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
So I did the Chrome Deletes on the windows. Have to say I'm pretty disappointed. At a distance it looks fine, but upon closer inspection not so much. There's little spaces where the chrome is visible near the bottom of the trim. The outline on the corners is rough. Overall it's just not a very clean looking job. And I honestly don't think I could've done much better than I did. I was extremely careful and followed instruction from the install videos closely. Debating whether or not I want to keep them on. They don't look awful, but I know it's going to bother the OCD part of me. But I kind of need that chrome trim gone to accomplish the look I'm going for. Not sure what to do...

+C5wNdEyT%mBUm+rXzrNxA.jpg

fullsizeoutput_855.jpeg

GOxfUDHlQhqQvtIWSakJnA.jpg

KR00nN1XS5SAZxOL48oEfg.jpg

LCna%Vi2T72gfvQiF4aRWQ.jpg

NFZQ%7HYQjCxGyNvjp5vdw.jpg
I think your car looks pretty nice as is even if you decide to take door trim off back to chrome wheels look nice with the look you got Currently.

kmhusky2020

Karina Manzo
First Name
Karina Manzo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
Since the '19's are so new, something like that (pre-cut) isn't available yet. I would suggest buying some quality black vinyl like 3M 1080 and covering the fog trim with that if you're sold on vinyl.

Personally, I would go with these recently available gloss black overlays. They are an easy install and look excellent.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Honda-...erior-front-fog-light-Cover-Trim/202748370953

s-l400 (1).jpg

Exactly what i am looking for for my 2020, how have they held up? And how was the application process?

Thank you!

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Just clean the chrome with rubbing alcohol first. The overlays are applied with included 3M acrylic tape. Will be good for years. Just wax from time to time.

First Name
benny
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 honda civix
Country flag
Since the '19's are so new, something like that (pre-cut) isn't available yet. I would suggest buying some quality black vinyl like 3M 1080 and covering the fog trim with that if you're sold on vinyl.

Personally, I would go with these recently available gloss black overlays. They are an easy install and look excellent.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/For-Honda-...erior-front-fog-light-Cover-Trim/202748370953

s-l400 (1).jpg
Id buy i bought some already for mine that are come in.but in red tho to match my current build