Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have totally run 4 track days and my front oem rotors have cracked so I have decided I will get an upgraded set.
The pads I have ran is Ferrodo 3000 front and 2500 rear with good result on the track. However the oem front drilled rotors are now cracking from the drilled holes. To my question then, what are you guys and gals recommending for brand on front rotors? Girodisc, EBC, Yellow speed, Tarox etc? Please write your experience from what you went with.
:popcorn:
Sponsored

SHIFTT_IX_MR

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 WW EVO 9 MR 548AWHP @ 30psi w/ E85; 2018 CBP Civic Type R #21151 - DD
Country flag
go 2 piece, without drilled holes, better heat dissipation, less unsprung weight. I run OEM Brembo pads and rotors on my evo, but then again, I would have changed them if they were drilled so I wouldn't have to worry about stress cracks around the holes - and they're cheaper than girodisc and work for great for what I use the car for. Street & Drag.

OP
OP
wassen

wassen

First Name
Philip
Threads
Reaction score
Website
200sx.kicks-ass.net
Vehicle(s)
CTR 2017, Volvo V70
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
go 2 piece, without drilled holes, better heat dissipation, less unsprung weight. I run OEM Brembo pads and rotors on my evo, but then again, I would have changed them if they were drilled so I wouldn't have to worry about stress cracks around the holes - and they're cheaper than girodisc and work for great for what I use the car for. Street & Drag.
Yes agree that I will go non drilled in the future.

dellyjoughnut

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Toyota 4Runner, '19 Civic Sport Hatchback
Country flag
Never run cross drilled rotors for racing. Very prone to cracking. Slotted rotors or the usual flat type is perfectly fine.
Sponsored