China

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5t 6MT Cosmic Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Anybody else in Asia? I just ordered a Civic turbo in China and since i can't read much Chinese on local forums i joined here.
Sponsored

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
You may be all alone on this board (geographically alone), but at least you have your own thread! How is your Civic going for you? Mine should be arriving in the UK at the end of the month and for the two weeks I was able to drive it before coming back it was wonderful.

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
You may be all alone on this board (geographically alone), but at least you have your own thread! How is your Civic going for you? Mine should be arriving in the UK at the end of the month and for the two weeks I was able to drive it before coming back it was wonderful.
Wait wait, are you sending your Civic from America to UK? Could be the first one on the road there!
I am extremely happy of my Civic, she really exceeded my expectations!

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
I think it might be the first one on the road here, but sadly that means I'm all alone trying to figure out how to make it compliant (adjust headlights/add rear fog light). How common are Civics there? And I'm probably extremely dumb for asking, but do you have the 1.5 turbo with a manual? That was the only complaint I had was that I had to go to a CVT.

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I think it might be the first one on the road here, but sadly that means I'm all alone trying to figure out how to make it compliant (adjust headlights/add rear fog light). How common are Civics there? And I'm probably extremely dumb for asking, but do you have the 1.5 turbo with a manual? That was the only complaint I had was that I had to go to a CVT.
For the headlights there is usually a sticker to redirect the light beam but I am not sure if it will work with your LEDs, because the light does not come from a single source as in the halogens. It is possible that there is a switch hidden somewhere behind the headlight itself. Thai and Australian forums may help for this. For the rear fog light you can change to Chinese spec tail lights or add a chinese diffuser with fog light built in.
Here in China the new Civic is very popular, has been out for 6 months and there is still a waiting list of over 3 months to get one and dealers are asking 1000-1500$ over list price because the factory can't build enough. Most of them are CVT, manuals are under 5% of the production.

ITGuyLevi

First Name
Levi
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Sport Touring
Country flag
I would love to have been able to get a manual, but the CVT really isn't as bad as I thought going in.

For the fog light requirement I ordered one of these: http://store.ijdmtoy.com/LED-Light-For-3rd-Brake-Light-or-Rear-Fog-Lamp-p/35-072.htm#des I'll probably try to run it straight to the front fog lights as I haven't been able to locate a rear fog light wire (I was hoping the wire would already be in place just as part of the harness).

As for the headlights, I have no clue. When the car gets here I'll start the search around the housings (and in the infotainment). The beam is pretty straight though, it may pass inspection the way it is without having to modify it.

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
For the headlights there is usually a sticker to redirect the light beam but I am not sure if it will work with your LEDs, because the light does not come from a single source as in the halogens. It is possible that there is a switch hidden somewhere behind the headlight itself. Thai and Australian forums may help for this. For the rear fog light you can change to Chinese spec tail lights or add a chinese diffuser with fog light built in.
Here in China the new Civic is very popular, has been out for 6 months and there is still a waiting list of over 3 months to get one and dealers are asking 1000-1500$ over list price because the factory can't build enough. Most of them are CVT, manuals are under 5% of the production.
Wait what ?!..... Dealer mark up on a non si non type r model!!!!!!???????

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Wait what ?!..... Dealer mark up on a non si non type r model!!!!!!???????
yes! still very common now, 1 year after the launch, because the demand is higher than production.

Gazelle_392

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Mercedes S63 Cabriolet
yes! still very common now, 1 year after the launch, because the demand is higher than production.
no offence but I heard on news that most Chinese citizens do not drive Japan made vehicles for political reason, is this a fact or rumor? Since the civic sales is this well as you described, probably a rumor thou...

OP
OP
CivicChina

CivicChina

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
no offence but I heard on news that most Chinese citizens do not drive Japan made vehicles for political reason, is this a fact or rumor? Since the civic sales is this well as you described, probably a rumor thou...
Mainly a rumor now, it was actually a thing 3 or 4 years ago when there was more tension with Japan for the disputed islands, now nobody cares and the japanese cars are made in china anyway
Sponsored