Cheaper Entry-Level 2018 Civic Type R variant coming?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This thread actually got featured?
What's bad about it getting featured? it's been the #1 question on most current civic owners and future owners, when is the CTR going to stop being so over priced and reasonable without the greedy dealer ADM's. Now if they introduce a base CTR more people will be able to buy a CTR as long as dealers don't try to bend people over with those too.

ayau

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Subaru
Country flag
What's bad about it getting featured? it's been the #1 question on most current civic owners and future owners, when is the CTR going to stop being so over priced and reasonable without the greedy dealer ADM's. Now if they introduce a base CTR more people will be able to buy a CTR as long as dealers don't try to bend people over with those too.
MSRP for the CTR is very reasonable considering its competition. ADM will go away eventually once the hype dies, which it will.

RallyeeRedAZ

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Sport Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
MSRP for the CTR is very reasonable considering its competition. ADM will go away eventually once the hype dies, which it will.
The MSRP is great its just the stupid dealers doing mark ups and i get it its a new hot car but i'm still against mark ups because i hate greed. It's funny because dealers piss me off yet i work at one...

Tim818

King Of The ‘Ring
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic EX, 2018 CTR
Country flag
Hopefully they make the entry level one along with the Touring instead of 1500 Touring first then 1500 entry level CTRs later..........

But if that’s the case I wouldn’t mind waiting late spring for the entry level one.

JYR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
8th gen Si
Country flag
Give me a Type R with minus the Full LED headlights, Crazy bolstered seats, high performance tires, premium surround sound and I'm buying! Don't know how accurate this article is but I don't think i could do without the 7inch screen and the rear wing.

Edit. Oh and no damn NAV
Buy the Si. Or it is quite possible you are not aware of what the R is intended to do???

hfpdohc

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Hatch 2017 M/T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
hmmm im happy im just leasing my hatch..in 4 yeras if this is true ill be able to swap for a base model type R :)

PolishedLX

Banned
Where were fighter jets to stop vegas shooting?
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
"50/50 kid" but on the "right side" of coin flip!
Vehicle(s)
The car that made all others obsolete, "doh, self-explanatory"
Country flag
hmmm im happy im just leasing my hatch..in 4 yeras if this is true ill be able to swap for a base model type R :)
Yeah but you can't say you own it. Possession isn't 9/10s of the law in this case.

ronmcdon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
19 FiestaST, 19 Si, Camaro Z1LE, EvoX, 98 240sx
Country flag
I don't think it's reasonable to assume dealers somehow won't be greedy and apply Adm. Its just something to be expected during the first year as manufacturers might want to play it safe and offer less models. Now if in the 2018 model year, you are still seeing just as high ADM's then I think its fair to blame Honda at that point for not adjusting to demand. I am hoping Honda won't be as terrible as Ford and their Focus RS, GT350's, etc, when it comes to offering inadequate supply.

In terms of variants, I would be interested in a model with more aggressive aero and suspension. Would be totally happy paying another $7k for it, especially if it comes with a larger rear wing and manages to piss off snooty auto reviewers even more.

mathewp

First Name
Mathew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CW Civic Type R, Jeep Wrangler
Country flag
There shouldn't be ADM on any car, I don't care what it is.

It depreciates as soon as you drive it off the lot.
Any car no matter what price one pays depreciates right off the lot. That's a given.

On ADM I struggled with the decision for a while. I was quoted 7.5k over MSRP by a dealer that I had a deposit for MSRP with when the car finally came. But I refused. But one dealer called me out of the blue and had CW (my fav) available and asked for 1k over. I deliberated a while as I have never paid MSRP for any car in my life before. But I made the decision to go for it as I wanted to drive it for few months before winter sets in and also that I had no guarantee Honda doesn't raise the MSRP next year for 2018. I figured if I am in Honda marketing, seeing all the ADM folks are paying, I would not mind adding couple of features and then raising the MSRP. So to me that made the decision to go forward. If I had absolutely known that 2018 MSRP will be the same maybe I would have thought differently. But now that I have the car every time I drive in it it makes my hour. Cheers.
Sponsored

Status
Not open for further replies.