Cheaper Entry-Level 2018 Civic Type R variant coming?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

jefxfree

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R, EK hatch
Country flag
And why must a Civic Type R buyer be forced to accept 20-inch Continental SportContact footwear, roof-mounted vortex generators and gigantic rear wing, dual-zone automatic climate control, hugely bolstered front sport seats, and a seven-inch touchscreen with Apple CarPlay, Android Auto, and navigation?

Who wrote this article? lol. I was with you on 20' rims. But who complains about being "forced" to have the stuff in bold... really?!? In 2017 that should be standard on even the most base model.

whatthefit

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CD5 Accord EX-R, RD5 CR-V, FK8 Civic Type R
Country flag
Why not a Si trim with Type R engine for 5k more? Si-R
I think an Si-R trim ought to be more like a Corvette grand sport, having the suspension and aero of the Z06 with The regular engine.

RODSCIVIC

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 Acura MDX 2016 Focus ST 2018 Si Sedan
Country flag
Impossible, CTR is limited edition, get it now or it will be gone forever....

pawnstar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 CTR
Country flag
Interesting reading this before I left the Honda dealership, I checked Honda IN network it only showed 1 trim only for 2018 which was a touring model. The brochures we received for the CTR do not have the model year in front other the book like other models do. We have brochures for a 2017 civic still but then we received a shipment of 2018 books. I just assumed since 2018 was unchanged they could use the same CTR brochure for 2017 & 2018. I am curious to see if they really produce a base model since Honda Pro Jason did report back in earlier in the year.

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EF9 DC2 FK8
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Status
Not open for further replies.