Changing out DRLS bulbs?

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
is it possible to get a brighter LED light for the drls so that it fills the entire length? My drls seem to be bright where the bulb is and then fade out as it stretches down. Anyone done this with noticeable results?
Sponsored

Mugenkb1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 Acura RL, 16 Acura MDX, 17 Civic Hatchback Sport 6MT
Country flag
Probably. But then you'll need to crack open the headlights to get access to the built in bulbs. Not impossible, but seems like a lot of work.

OP
OP
pjw7454

pjw7454

First Name
Pete
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic couple ex-L
Probably. But then you'll need to crack open the headlights to get access to the built in bulbs. Not impossible, but seems like a lot of work.
It appears that they are led strips which actually is a lot of work to cut out and would require actual rewiring

Turn10Photos

First Name
Jordan
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.turn10photos.com
Vehicle(s)
FC3 Si, FK7, HRV
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

Snoopyslr

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2016 Ford F-150, 2003 Subaru Impreza WRX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If you can find a LED strip that flexes perpendicular to the diode direction, you could put a nice bright strip in. You would have to crack the headlight housing open to do it. I added a LED strip in the channel, but the way it flexed and the direction of the diodes, they lights just shine upwards onto the acrylic diffusing rod. They can change colors, but they are definitely not brighter than the OEM. I have yet to see anybody install those Pixel boards yet.

You can see in the bottom picture, the LEDs are glued to the bottom of the lense and shine up onto the rod in the first picture when assembled. If they shined forward instead of up, they would be drastically brighter. These things hurt to look at directly, but diffused they are very tame.
Honda Civic 10th gen Changing out DRLS bulbs? 2017-09-27 16.53.57

Honda Civic 10th gen Changing out DRLS bulbs? 2017-09-27 17.43.13

julianzh

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-t, 2019 GTI Autobahn DSG
Country flag
Wish I could put those Audi DRL in there.

yamin1021

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 civic ex
Country flag
If you can find a LED strip that flexes perpendicular to the diode direction, you could put a nice bright strip in. You would have to crack the headlight housing open to do it. I added a LED strip in the channel, but the way it flexed and the direction of the diodes, they lights just shine upwards onto the acrylic diffusing rod. They can change colors, but they are definitely not brighter than the OEM. I have yet to see anybody install those Pixel boards yet.

You can see in the bottom picture, the LEDs are glued to the bottom of the lense and shine up onto the rod in the first picture when assembled. If they shined forward instead of up, they would be drastically brighter. These things hurt to look at directly, but diffused they are very tame.
2017-09-27 16.53.57.jpg

2017-09-27 17.43.13.jpg
I have those boards, they are definitely not brighter than OEM. OEM have like 6k cool white color temperature, those are like 5k neutral white.
Sponsored