Chains for 2017 Civic Si

orphsur

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag
In the manual it says chains are not recommended for the 235/40R18 tires. Have you guys tried any chains that work or know of any alternatives?
Sponsored

rr1443

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
In the manual it says chains are not recommended for the 235/40R18 tires. Have you guys tried any chains that work or know of any alternatives?
bought 'traction cables' off amazon. they got the job done in tahoe two weeks ago. sometimes they'll inspect vehicle by vehicle, actual snow chains with linked chains are good to go, anything else is a no.

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
Wish I could contribute to this thread but I have no idea what chains are. Oh and I live in Texas
Honda Civic 10th gen Chains for 2017 Civic Si 7OlKbhS
Honda Civic 10th gen Chains for 2017 Civic Si 7OlKbhS

2ndCivic

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 civic si
Country flag
Haven't tried them personally, but I have friends who've used these https://autosock.us/. They're not too easy to put on but chains aren't either. They are supposed to work just as well.

You might also look into winter tires like the Michelin x ice or Bridgestone blizzak.

rr1443

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
honestly, no matter what route you go, the tire socks, chains, or traction cables, they're going to be a pain in the ass to put on, not much room to reach behind. wont be home until a couple of days but I can send pictures of the traction cables + car with them installed in the snow if wanted
Sponsored