Ceramic Pro

pdimar25

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'20 Sport Hatch
Country flag
Thinking about doing either 1 layer of light or 1 layer of pro sport. The lady asked me if I wanted paint correction before, I'd assume I would like to have it since I have a few swirls and 2 chips in the paint. How good does it come out when its all done. There is a guy at my local shop that has a type R so he may do it himself. I'm still on the fence about it, what are the usual prices with and without paint correction?
Sponsored

17CivicTypeR_Brian

Aiming for 400whp out of the TypeR.
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Black CTR #4071, 16 MDX Tech
Country flag
It is definitely worth it based on how nice it looks when it's done...but just remember it isn't a miracle. You still need to wash the car and protect it from contaminants - especially water spots.
Avoid physically touching it, just like uncoated paint, to prevent any marks but it's at least harder then the factory clear coat.

I'd expect to see anywhere from $1100 to $1800 depending on market and level of service. I wouldn't apply the coating without correction-otherwise imperfections will just be shiny.

Zodd

First Name
david
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic sport 1.5t 2018
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
if you like to keep your car as clean as possible ceramic is for you, i did it and i love it, you need paint correction beacuse ceramic coating will permanently seal swirlmarks in...
so if you will do it do it right, i have a hatch and is nightmare to keep clean with all those sharp corners, back of the car is really bad ;)
dont forget that washing car is when u get most of swirlmarks, so how you clean your car is really important....
My suggestion is to watch some videos how to clean and avoid cross contamination from your cleaning equipment and get a leaf-blower that thing is worth its weight in gold with ceramic car :)
i have gyeon q 2 stage ceramic coating with paint correction it costed me around 800$, and i am good for around 4-5 years

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhPAwVAnlkI
Sponsored