Center console arm rest removal

ilovemycar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Cosmic Blue EX Turbo, 96 Accord EX
Country flag
Has anyone figured out how to remove the arm rests from the center console. The fabric is awful and I want to replace it with either better fabric or leather.
Sponsored

SoonerinFL

BOOMER!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T and 2016 Acura TLX Base
I just replaced the center console arm rest and the center left and right armrest with leather from http://hondapartsnetwork.com. The center armrest can be easily remove by lifting up at the front or back of the piece. The center console you have to buy the assembly and remove the two screws that holding the center armrest to the assembly. It took me about 5 minutes to do the three pieces.

Parts #

Right Console Armrest Assembly 86411-TBA-A11ZA $39.03
Left Console Armrest Assembly 83416-TBA-A11ZA $39.03
Armrest Assembly 83441-TBA-A01ZA $98.73

I was thinking about doing the door panel armrest too, but there were way too much for what i think they are worth ($170 to $150 each). I was not going to spend $600 for leather armrest door panels. So I went to Hobby Lobby, used a 50% coupon for black leatherette/vinyl and did it myself (yard of material $4.00 and gorilla glue $3.00). It took some time to cut the pattern out 4 times and get it fit tightly to the armrest but it looks okay. If I would do it again, I would use the remain leathertte/vinyl for the center console. It's alot cheaper that spending $98. LOL

Honda Civic 10th gen Center console arm rest removal image1.JPG

Honda Civic 10th gen Center console arm rest removal image2.JPG

Last edited:

frnkp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2006 Civic Si and 2016 Civic LX Coupe (6spd)
Vehicle Showcase
Looks great.. I'm jealous....

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I just replaced the center console arm rest and the center left and right armrest with leather from http://hondapartsnetwork.com. The center armrest can be easily remove by lifting up at the front or back of the piece. The center console you have to buy the assembly and remove the two screws that holding the center armrest to the assembly. It took me about 5 minutes to do the three pieces.

Parts #

Right Console Armrest Assembly 86411-TBA-A11ZA $39.03
Left Console Armrest Assembly 83416-TBA-A11ZA $39.03
Armrest Assembly 83441-TBA-A01ZA $98.73

I was thinking about doing the door panel armrest too, but there were way too much for what i think they are worth ($170 to $150 each). I was not going to spend $600 for leather armrest door panels. So I went to Hobby Lobby, used a 50% coupon for black leatherette/vinyl and did it myself (yard of material $4.00 and gorilla glue $3.00). It took some time to cut the pattern out 4 times and get it fit tightly to the armrest but it looks okay. If I would do it again, I would use the remain leathertte/vinyl for the center console. It's alot cheaper that spending $98. LOL

image1.JPG

image2.JPG
Now I'm interested in changing mine to leather

SoonerinFL

BOOMER!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Now I'm interested in changing mine to leather
So worth it. The cloth was leaving skin on it and was easily leave elbow scoff marks. Best purchase so far. I have changed to LED lights in the interior, LED strip in the trunk; cargo hooks; 5000K headlight bulbs; carbon fiber vinyl on the center console; chrome fog light eyelid covers; HONDA tire caps valves; JBL 6.75 speakers in the front doors and rear deck (sounds so much better). I am thinking of doing the leather gear shift knob. Looks easy to do and cost $50.

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
So worth it. The cloth was leaving skin on it and was easily leave elbow scoff marks. Best purchase so far. I have changed to LED lights in the interior, LED strip in the trunk; cargo hooks; 5000K headlight bulbs; carbon fiber vinyl on the center console; chrome fog light eyelid covers; HONDA tire caps valves; JBL 6.75 speakers in the front doors and rear deck (sounds so much better). I am thinking of doing the leather gear shift knob. Looks easy to do and cost $50.
What speakers did you put in?

SoonerinFL

BOOMER!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
What speakers did you put in?
For keeping the stock radio, it is recommended to find a speaker that has a RMS of under 50 and Sensitivity of 90 dB or higher. I bought 6 3/4" JBL GT7-6 size for both doors and rear deck on Crutchfield. Used a pry tool to remove the door panel (very simple to do) I YouTube the procedure. The rear deck was more difficult but not too bad. You have to remove the rear seat and all the c-pillars (6 pieces in all) to have access to remove rear deck assembly. Make sure you unplug the brake light, two tweeters connections (small retangluar shape) and the two speakers connection before removing the rear deck assembly. Also, there is a YouTube for removing the rear seat for older Civic but ours has one bolt and two harness. Older ones have 3 bolts and two harness.

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
For keeping the stock radio, it is recommended to find a speaker that has a RMS of under 50 and Sensitivity of 90 dB or higher. I bought 6 3/4" JBL GT7-6 size for both doors and rear deck on Crutchfield. Used a pry tool to remove the door panel (very simple to do) I YouTube the procedure. The rear deck was more difficult but not too bad. You have to remove the rear seat and all the c-pillars (6 pieces in all) to have access to remove rear deck assembly. Make sure you unplug the brake light, two tweeters connections (small retangluar shape) and the two speakers connection before removing the rear deck assembly. Also, there is a YouTube for removing the rear seat for older Civic but ours has one bolt and two harness. Older ones have 3 bolts and two harness.
How much of an improvement are these speakers? And did you keep the stock tweeters for the front and back?

carlson03

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T, 2017 EXL Pilot AWD Sensing
Very good job! I bet that all looks great! Do you have a picture of the carbon fiber on the console? How hard was it to do?

SoonerinFL

BOOMER!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Very good job! I bet that all looks great! Do you have a picture of the carbon fiber on the console? How hard was it to do?
Not hard at all. First I used a paper to make the shapes and bends. Then I cut it out for a template. I check to ensure the template was a good fit and make any adjustments before cutting the carbon fiber. Looks good to me. I also covered the passenger airbag warning light.
Honda Civic 10th gen Center console arm rest removal ima

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
I kept the tweeters and now I have some BASS! I turned off the SVC and for Sound setting bass @+5, mid @+4, high @+3
Nice. I'm getting my sub hooked up tomorrow actually. I might have to upgrade the rest of the speakers

SoonerinFL

BOOMER!
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Nice. I'm getting my sub hooked up tomorrow actually. I might have to upgrade the rest of the speakers
what sub and amp? and how much if you don't mind. You have to change the stock 6.5 speakers! They sound 100% better than the light paper speakers.

Brandons2697

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
what sub and amp? and how much if you don't mind. You have to change the stock 6.5 speakers! They sound 100% better than the light paper speakers.
It's a 8" infinity with a 1100 watt boss. I hooked one up in my brother's car and it sounds great. It was about $150 for everything. Definitely an upgrade. And I plan on upgrading the speakers, I'm just not set on a particular speaker yet.
Sponsored