Center cluster screen is not working in brand new CIVIC 2016

MoRa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXT 2016
I got my brand new civic ext 2016 two days ago. As soon I got home (10 min after I got the car) I noticed the center cluster screen is not showing anything. I turned off the car and turned it on and seems to have the screen back. It happened again that night two times and last night and even today. The screen does not show anything, while the side screens fuel gauge and Radiator temperature are working fine. I asked dealer as I think the problem existed before and not proper inspection was conducted before they give me the car. They booked me for the next week!!! to do inspection. I am not happy with the way they handled this issue. I am going to call Honda costumer service tomorrow
Is anyone aware of such issue and know how to fix this? Can I request to replace my car since it came with this issue? Dealer told me not.
Thanks,
Honda Civic 10th gen Center cluster screen is not working in brand new CIVIC 2016 File_000 (6)
Sponsored

Newflyer3

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
So you think the proper way the issue should've been handled would be the dealership buying back your car and giving you a completely new one without attempting a diagnostic or repair even once?

inv4zn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'16 Touring
Country flag
lol "can I replace my car"...smh.

That being said, I can see why it'd be annoying, new car or not. Why did they book you for next week? It's a safety issue (you can't see your speed) so just make arrangements to drop it off and get a loaner/rental while it's looked at.

I think they didn't want to talk to OP as soon as he demanded they replace his car and just made him an appointment lol

BillyCuth

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Had something similar happen on our 2015 Rogue which was brand new... Ended up needing to replace the whole console, which pissed me off because they scratched the shit out of the plastic screen when they installed the new one. It was a lease (that I ended early, luckily with no ramifications) so I decided not to press it, but I was pissed.

Sorry about your experience, but like others have said, they won't replace the car.

jmr

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Coupe, 2016 RAM QC 4x4, 2016 Dart Rallye
Country flag
I had this happen to me also.....I disconnected the battery for a couple minutes and it was ok and has not happened since.

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
There was a thread a while ago that the entire instrument cluster was disabled when the reverse lights went out after replacing them with LEDs. Turns out the fuse that for the reverse lights also controls the instrument gauge. I know you didn't replace the lights, but you could check the fuse and see if theres any issue with it. Otherwise, this a new issue I haven't seen on the forums before.

jcoil

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Definitely demand to take it in, like, tomorrow. They will fix it. Don't worry. I'm sure it's something very simple.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I got my brand new civic ext 2016 two days ago. As soon I got home (10 min after I got the car) I noticed the center cluster screen is not showing anything. I turned off the car and turned it on and seems to have the screen back. It happened again that night two times and last night and even today. The screen does not show anything, while the side screens fuel gauge and Radiator temperature are working fine. I asked dealer as I think the problem existed before and not proper inspection was conducted before they give me the car. They booked me for the next week!!! to do inspection. I am not happy with the way they handled this issue. I am going to call Honda costumer service tomorrow
Is anyone aware of such issue and know how to fix this? Can I request to replace my car since it came with this issue? Dealer told me not.
Thanks,
File_000 (6).jpeg
I agree w another poster. I would've disconnected battery for 15 minutes. If that didn't fix it I would make the appt. but I would never expect a new (different) car!
If it came with this issue you never saw this!? You must have done an inspection no? I walked around my car with a magnifying glass (haha) but I did go over it with a fine tooth comb! Looking for fresh paint indication of a fender bender. Or anything. I checked the oil too. The guy thought I was nuts. But this is my car not a lease. I just spent $30,000! I'm looking this over carefully.

pgrimm856

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring, 2013 CR-V
Vehicle Showcase
Thanks,
File_000 (6).jpeg
On 11/24/15 I had the same issue on my Touring. Selling dealer told me to expect 2 weeks downtime to fix the fault. The "5-time President's Award" dealer (not the selling dealership) replaced the console in less than 2 hours with no questions asked.

Farcry1010

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
I'd try a system reset on the Android computer that's behind the audio/navi/etc system.
nah its has to be the main computer reset to fix that issue. Nav unit is only going to reset those items not the main display as you can tell when you reboot the Nav system/Head unit, the main dash display does not reboot or reset. This must be done by removing the Neg battery terminal for 15 minutes. Some here even stated that the dealer replaced it. I doubt that they would replace it if it only needed a reset. There might be some defective units out there. He might need a replacement.
Sponsored