1. Guest, see the CivicX Forum Rules and User Agreement before posting.  After reading click here to dismiss this notice →
    Dismiss Notice

Cellphone Holder/Placement Mod - Suggestions / Ideas

Discussion in 'Cosmetic Modifications - Exterior / Interior / Lighting' started by Javex, Jul 9, 2016.

1. Javex

Javex Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Car(s):
    Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
    Garage Profiles:
    Hello Everyone.

I've been looking for something to add on (center console or somewhere around the Mid low section) for my cellphone. I might be weird but I do not like just dropping my phone on the mid section (below the center console). I use CarPlay so I have my iPhone connected most of the time. Its kind of hard to explain but the placement of the phone with the cable it's bothersome to me. I would like to have it standing or somewhat visible. I do not want to place a cellphone holder on the air vents, top dash or window. There are plenty for those options.

MY16_Civic_Sedan_interior_gallery_05a.jpg

I wonder if I am the only weird one with this idea or if someone already tried what I am talking about.

This is like a map to describe what I am talking about. The blue square is roughly the area where I would like to have my iphone. Yellow square is the area where I normally place my phone.

interior_map.jpg

I bought something like this:

10301476_1.jpg

And returned because it didn't work for what I wanted. I tried placing it from the inside of the tray or thing below the center console, sides and such. Eventho is not that long... it did get on the way.

I am thinking like a clip on to the side or a little bucket... I don't know. I just tried that thing and there are plenty of those in the market. I just started experimenting but I wanted to know if someone attempted something similar or wants something like this. You guys are very helpful and creative... so worth to give it a try.

I will try to post more pictures to give a better idea or concept of what I am talking about/want. (Currently at work)

Peace!

2. GaryBusey Member

Car(s):
    None
    Bump. I'm looking for ideas on a cell holder whenever it is my car finally comes in. Was thinking about a vent holder, but wondering if people could possibly post their setups and links to what they bought...

3. OP
    Javex

Javex Senior Member

Graphic Designer
    Car(s):
    Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
    Garage Profiles:
    No
    The vent holder is not so great as I hate to see the charger cable hanging around. I use carplay so... don't really need to see the phone but sometimes you need it for something.

I got no feedback... so lately I've been just playing my iphone on the one bucket that is down low. see below:

honda_civic_interior.jpg

That is kinda working for me but I would like to find something better.

I found something like this:

567920205ff12c2d31701651_1_small.jpg

55d3e4adf67cf15e5af2de8d_1_small.jpg

But I don't know if it's redundant. I found these at a website called "wish" and there are things that are mad cheep. I ordered some cool keychains just to test the website. I found the same items on ebay or amazon x10 more expensive. The keychaine I bought was like $30 and bought it at wish for $8. Plus 2 dollars shipping. Only bad thing is.... that the shipping is mad slow.

So yeah. Let me know if you have any better ideas.

4. mikemcmillon

mikemcmillon Member

Car(s):
    2016 Honda Civic EX-L
    Garage Profiles:
    I drive for uber & use this Scoche magnetic phone holder, the base will stick to pretty much any surface. $20 at walmart

cellphoneholder.jpg

GaryBusey thanked this.
  5. Yeti

Yeti Member

Car(s):
    2016 Honda Civic EX
  6. ElmerFudge16 Member

Car(s):
    ///
    ///

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  7. ElmerFudge16 Member

Car(s):
    ///
    ///

Last edited: Jul 22, 2016
  8. Tama74 New Member

Car(s):
    Avenger, Civic, Xterra
    If you dont mind putting screws into a panel...http://www.metraonline.com/part/75117-703 you can use this as a mounting plate. but you will have to put 2 or 3 screws into your dash (wherever you like) and then you can use the square side as a base for this phone mount http://www.metraonline.com/part/15575 it mounts usine 4 small bolts to the square side of the plate.

You will probably have to bend the mounting plate a little to get the angle right (its designed for older hondas but I found its good as a universal option too).

If you dont want to use any screws you could also get an abs plastic sheet, use a hot air blower to heat up the plastic so that you can bend it then use a hot glue gun to secure it to the plastic in your car. to remove you just have to heat up the glue a bit. (dont heat it too much and make sure the surface is smooth)