Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hello Everyone.

I've been looking for something to add on (center console or somewhere around the Mid low section) for my cellphone. I might be weird but I do not like just dropping my phone on the mid section (below the center console). I use CarPlay so I have my iPhone connected most of the time. Its kind of hard to explain but the placement of the phone with the cable it's bothersome to me. I would like to have it standing or somewhat visible. I do not want to place a cellphone holder on the air vents, top dash or window. There are plenty for those options.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cellphone Holder/Placement Mod - Suggestions / Ideas MY16_Civic_Sedan_interior_gallery_05a

I wonder if I am the only weird one with this idea or if someone already tried what I am talking about.

This is like a map to describe what I am talking about. The blue square is roughly the area where I would like to have my iphone. Yellow square is the area where I normally place my phone.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cellphone Holder/Placement Mod - Suggestions / Ideas interior_ma

I bought something like this:

Honda Civic 10th gen Cellphone Holder/Placement Mod - Suggestions / Ideas 10301476_1

And returned because it didn't work for what I wanted. I tried placing it from the inside of the tray or thing below the center console, sides and such. Eventho is not that long... it did get on the way.

I am thinking like a clip on to the side or a little bucket... I don't know. I just tried that thing and there are plenty of those in the market. I just started experimenting but I wanted to know if someone attempted something similar or wants something like this. You guys are very helpful and creative... so worth to give it a try.

I will try to post more pictures to give a better idea or concept of what I am talking about/want. (Currently at work)

Peace!

GaryBusey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
None
Bump. I'm looking for ideas on a cell holder whenever it is my car finally comes in. Was thinking about a vent holder, but wondering if people could possibly post their setups and links to what they bought...

OP
OP
Javex

Javex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Sedan EX WOP - Aero Kit/Wing Spoiler
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No
Bump. I'm looking for ideas on a cell holder whenever it is my car finally comes in. Was thinking about a vent holder, but wondering if people could possibly post their setups and links to what they bought...
The vent holder is not so great as I hate to see the charger cable hanging around. I use carplay so... don't really need to see the phone but sometimes you need it for something.

I got no feedback... so lately I've been just playing my iphone on the one bucket that is down low. see below:

Honda Civic 10th gen Cellphone Holder/Placement Mod - Suggestions / Ideas honda_civic_interior

That is kinda working for me but I would like to find something better.

I found something like this:

Honda Civic 10th gen Cellphone Holder/Placement Mod - Suggestions / Ideas 567920205ff12c2d31701651_1_small

Honda Civic 10th gen Cellphone Holder/Placement Mod - Suggestions / Ideas 55d3e4adf67cf15e5af2de8d_1_small

But I don't know if it's redundant. I found these at a website called "wish" and there are things that are mad cheep. I ordered some cool keychains just to test the website. I found the same items on ebay or amazon x10 more expensive. The keychaine I bought was like $30 and bought it at wish for $8. Plus 2 dollars shipping. Only bad thing is.... that the shipping is mad slow.

So yeah. Let me know if you have any better ideas.

mikemcmillon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I drive for uber & use this Scoche magnetic phone holder, the base will stick to pretty much any surface. $20 at walmart

Honda Civic 10th gen Cellphone Holder/Placement Mod - Suggestions / Ideas cellphoneholder

Tama74

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Avenger, Civic, Xterra
If you dont mind putting screws into a panel...http://www.metraonline.com/part/75117-703 you can use this as a mounting plate. but you will have to put 2 or 3 screws into your dash (wherever you like) and then you can use the square side as a base for this phone mount http://www.metraonline.com/part/15575 it mounts usine 4 small bolts to the square side of the plate.

You will probably have to bend the mounting plate a little to get the angle right (its designed for older hondas but I found its good as a universal option too).

If you dont want to use any screws you could also get an abs plastic sheet, use a hot air blower to heat up the plastic so that you can bend it then use a hot glue gun to secure it to the plastic in your car. to remove you just have to heat up the glue a bit. (dont heat it too much and make sure the surface is smooth)

Los Eblos

First Name
Lars
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
S2000 MY2005, FK8 PMM @ October 2017
Country flag
I used this holder...
EasyMount (EasyMount Classic)
https://www.amazon.de/dp/B00HVAA2GO/ref=cm_sw_em_r_mt_dp_U_ZKNqEb16PMH7N

And I modified the mount: I drilled a 4mm hole in each "finger" of the mount and placed two 6mm blind rivet nuts with M4 thread in the panel of the car.

I will replace the two philips screws with black hex... end of this week.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cellphone Holder/Placement Mod - Suggestions / Ideas fk8_smartphone_mount
Honda Civic 10th gen Cellphone Holder/Placement Mod - Suggestions / Ideas fk8_smartphone_mount_5
Honda Civic 10th gen Cellphone Holder/Placement Mod - Suggestions / Ideas fk8_smartphone_mount_4
Honda Civic 10th gen Cellphone Holder/Placement Mod - Suggestions / Ideas fk8_smartphone_mount_3
Honda Civic 10th gen Cellphone Holder/Placement Mod - Suggestions / Ideas fk8_smartphone_mount_2

Blind rivet nuts? These guys...

Last edited: