Cell Phone Holder Mount

thatwhiteSi

First Name
Dale
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si
I once used a vent mount, not very good in the winter. The phone actually overheated. A none issue for me now, as my Si has wireless charger and Nav so the phone just gets thrown onto the charger pad.
Sponsored

amped_imports

First Name
Luke
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si , 2003 S2000
Country flag
Here's an update on mine.

Hi! So here's an update on mine! Long story short, the clay didn't work I found a low melting temp plastic that worked GREAT and we'll see how it goes. I'm making this for a manual, which, it should work for a automatic I'd think. When I say that though I say that as I hold the shift nob from the right side (if that makes sense.... I don't grab from the top directly) I've used painters tape to hold it now and its fine. I need to rotate it just a bit but it's great! My plan next it so model the 3M tap into the mold to it sits flush and works great. Fingers crossed

phone update 2.jpg

Prototype is done! So I 3D printed the front piece which actually captures the phone, I then bought off Amazon molding plastic and used it to get the shape of the center console pillar. Here's a link to the plastic. If you've never used it you gotta check it out for your next project. This stuff is incredible. At 150° it turns soft and you can mold it however you like, once it cools down it turns harder than hell. You can then drill it, sand it, do whatever you want to it. And, if it doesn't work out you can heat it up and try again.

Here's what I came up with.:

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount W8c3eeR

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount 02Guo9a

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount 2LF7E4L

The way I have it mounted is Velcro, this way in case my leg does bump it, it'll just "break off" and not damage my interior.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount Gf2HWqA

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount l5VTTiz

My next goal is go back down to my old college (go Bobcats) and 3D scan my design so then I can easily print a clean, on piece part that'll be ready to install in any civic with the same center console.

Spunjer

First Name
Ron
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'13 Honda civic
Country flag
I'm wondering what others are using for a cell phone holder or mount. I have the LX so I'm going to rely on my cell phone for navigation and I would like to mount it within easy reach without blocking access to the console. I like the look of the ProClip mounts but they don't have anything for 2016 Civic's yet and I don't like the idea of clipping into a vent which they do a lot.

Has anybody used these gooseneck mounts from Arkon? They look sort of "industrial strength" but it might work really well.

http://www.arkon.com/product/GN088-SBH-seat-rail-bolt-car-mount.html

I'd be interested in seeing how others have mounted their phones. Send pictures!!
in regards to the OP's post:
i bought that piece, attached it to the foot of the passenger seat.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount 20171224_094952[1]

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount 20171224_102010[1]

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount 20171224_101947[1]

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Prototype is done!

My next goal is go back down to my old college (go Bobcats) and 3D scan my design so then I can easily print a clean, on piece part that'll be ready to install in any civic with the same center console.
I LOVE THIS placement with one minor grip... Can this design be reversed and placed on the passenger side of the console? I don't want to have a phone right next to my steering wheel like that and I don't touch my phone other than to put it back from sliding around the center cubby area...

the1dynasty

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R (FK8), 2007 Civic Si (FG2)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Kinda sorta. I got the piece I'm mating the holder to 3D scanned. The file is a PAIN IN THE _______ . But I hope to have it fixed/healed soon so I can get something going next week. Below is a picture of the file
27908001_10105976138657144_6515017574199625250_o.jpg
Nice... Can you please make one for the other side of the console? I have a Type R which is of course 6MT and the position you have would be in the way of the shifter...

9000RPM

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 CTR // '14 Cayenne
Country flag
Thanks to @pgn for the idea. I've bought so many different amounts in the past that I held off on getting 1 for my Civic. I didn't want to use a vent holder for it because those 2 center vents are a single piece and didn't want to risk breaking one of those. I'm sure that replacement piece is not cheap .

So I took my cd slot ramkon mount and replaced the clamp style to a magnetic style. Working great so far .

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount IMG_20180704_215511

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount IMG_20180704_215543

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount IMG_20180704_222855

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount IMG_20180704_222912

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount IMG_20180704_222923

Almostfast

First Name
Ben
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Sport Touring
Country flag
I use a very simple solution. I put the phone on top of the radio. it tucks behind the screen nicely right in front of the otherwise useless hazard button. I discovered this the other day when I went on a trip, definitely not buying a mount now, might put a couple pieces of foam tape or something there to help it from sliding right when making a hard left turn. it stayed put my whole journey though.

I would take a picture, but I usually use my phone for that. If it's too hard to understand, I guess I could take a picture with my camera old school style, but I think that's probably unnecessary.

PiYauD

First Name
Saha
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si LSM
Country flag
I see you have the Kuda mount over in the passenger side. What do you place on that one?
I have 2 phones, work and personal, iPhone and Android, I generally connect the work iPhone for carplay use up top and the personal to the side