Cell Phone Holder Mount

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
Happy with my new device mount. High enough so I don't take my eyes off the road and it doesn't block my view of the road. Also doesn't block any of the AC.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount Driver_View1.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount Driver_View2.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount Side1.JPG Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount Side2.JPG

pgn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX-L
Reason why I mounted it more towards the left side, it doesn't block anything when I put phone in landscape mode. When using phone in right side up it does block the radio and media buttons but not a problem because I usually control from the steering wheel. Although the cable is not completely out of the way it does not block anything especially in landscape mode, bottom of phone sits right above the stock screen. This setup works if you have the 5" system, your setup is better for the 7" system since it needs to sit higher. For me, the phone is in a perfect location for viewing as well as in reach to control if needed. I use an iPhone 6 Plus with a pretty thick case, I'm sure it will be better with a smaller size phone.
Oh, that makes sense. I hadn't thought about landscape mode. And with the bigger screen (I use the smaller iPhone 7) that sounds like it would work well.

CivicXander

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Civic hatchback Sport 6MT Rallye Red
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
my cable doesn't block anything, its on the left side of all the buttons
Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount 2017-08-05 15.27.39

JohnOCFII

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring; 2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag

Hockeyman61

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic , 2010 Honda Accord, 2005 Honda Accord Coupe, 2004 Buick PArk Ave Ultra
Happy with my new device mount. High enough so I don't take my eyes off the road and it doesn't block my view of the road. Also doesn't block any of the AC.

Driver_View1.JPG Driver_View2.JPG Side1.JPG Side2.JPG
Sorry to rain on your parade. But those mounts will block your view . In some states it could get you ticketed.

Synomenon

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 EX Hatch
Country flag
Sorry to rain on your parade. But those mounts will block your view . In some states it could get you ticketed.
Haven't had any issue with it blocking my view at all...

My mother is 5'3" and she doesn't have any issues with it either when driving my car. The view in that picture is with the camera lower than the mount because I was trying to get the picture without any glare.

I've had cops stopped next to me in California and Nevada and they didn't even give it a second glance.

relentlessX

First Name
Angelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX Sedan
I know I'm pretty late to the party, but I found a good solution that's been working really well. Nice and stable, no shaking or flopping around, a mechanical solution that doesn't rely on adhesives (which eventually fail), no screws or dismantling the dash, easy to see and poke at, doesn't obstruct any air vents, won't overheat in the sun because it's cooled by the air vents, well placed next to the Civic touch screen, looks nice! I've been using this for the past couple months and it's holding firm and gittin 'er done.

It's a fusion of two car mounts I bought on Amazon: CAW.CAR universal magnetic car mount, and TechMatte MagGrip car mount holder. Links below:

CAW.CAR: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LQWNMPU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
TechMatte: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E86ONW2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My solution works by wedging the TechMatte CD mount behind the Civic's touchscreen. It fits perfectly, with just the right amount of pressure -- stable without stressing the screen. The magnet on the TechMatte holds the magnet on the CAW.CAR very firmly. Just don't put the adhesive disc on the base of the magnetic CAW.CAR mount, as instructed. That would make things sticky and messy (what kids are for). The swivel magnetic plate on the CAW.CAR holds firmly too, and allows easy adjustment of the phone viewing angle. Obviously, you'll need to attach your phone to the magnetic CAW.CAR holder by attaching a metal plate to the inside or outside of your phone case -- or to the back of your phone.

A note about the metal plate on the back of your phone: it needs to be mounted at the bottom, not the center, so that your phone sits high on the mount. It's still stable this way, and only improves the viewing angle. This position allows a charging cable to be inserted at the bottom of the phone without the cable obstructing the Civic's touch screen.

All of this may sound overly complicated, but it's actually pretty simple and elegant, I think. Here are some pictures.
@pgn

Thank you for posting this! My phone was originally mounted in the lower console under the head unit and I found myself looking down for Waze directions or to adjust my playlist.
I ended doing your phone holder and it has worked great. I did end up removing the double sided tape from the CAW.CAR for better magnetic hold.

Best part is that it doesn't block the airflow from the vents.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount IMG_E3948.JPG

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Got one of the magnetic mounts and put it in the blank spot on the left of the steering wheel. I'll get a pic up at some point. Worked well for my drive to Cali and back running google maps nav.

pgn

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatchback EX-L
@pgn

Thank you for posting this! My phone was originally mounted in the lower console under the head unit and I found myself looking down for Waze directions or to adjust my playlist.
I ended doing your phone holder and it has worked great. I did end up removing the double sided tape from the CAW.CAR for better magnetic hold.

Best part is that it doesn't block the airflow from the vents.

IMG_E3948.JPG
Nice to hear! Glad it's working well for you.

TophersSI

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si Coupe 2010 Harley Davidson Ultra Classic
Vehicle Showcase
I know I'm pretty late to the party, but I found a good solution that's been working really well. Nice and stable, no shaking or flopping around, a mechanical solution that doesn't rely on adhesives (which eventually fail), no screws or dismantling the dash, easy to see and poke at, doesn't obstruct any air vents, won't overheat in the sun because it's cooled by the air vents, well placed next to the Civic touch screen, looks nice! I've been using this for the past couple months and it's holding firm and gittin 'er done.

It's a fusion of two car mounts I bought on Amazon: CAW.CAR universal magnetic car mount, and TechMatte MagGrip car mount holder. Links below:

CAW.CAR: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01LQWNMPU/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1
TechMatte: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01E86ONW2/ref=oh_aui_search_detailpage?ie=UTF8&psc=1

My solution works by wedging the TechMatte CD mount behind the Civic's touchscreen. It fits perfectly, with just the right amount of pressure -- stable without stressing the screen. The magnet on the TechMatte holds the magnet on the CAW.CAR very firmly. Just don't put the adhesive disc on the base of the magnetic CAW.CAR mount, as instructed. That would make things sticky and messy (what kids are for). The swivel magnetic plate on the CAW.CAR holds firmly too, and allows easy adjustment of the phone viewing angle. Obviously, you'll need to attach your phone to the magnetic CAW.CAR holder by attaching a metal plate to the inside or outside of your phone case -- or to the back of your phone.

A note about the metal plate on the back of your phone: it needs to be mounted at the bottom, not the center, so that your phone sits high on the mount. It's still stable this way, and only improves the viewing angle. This position allows a charging cable to be inserted at the bottom of the phone without the cable obstructing the Civic's touch screen.

All of this may sound overly complicated, but it's actually pretty simple and elegant, I think. Here are some pictures.

IMG_3540.jpg

IMG_3541.jpg

IMG_3542.jpg

IMG_3543.jpg

IMG_3544.jpg

IMG_3545.jpg

IMG_3546.jpg

View attachment 42337

IMG_3547.jpg
After seeing your post here, and having a prior set up that failed because of the adhesive, I went with your idea. Great solution!! Thanks

Reactions: pgn

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It's on bluetooth and out of the way of my sight line so it fits. Plus there are 2 blank inserts beside the 2 buttons so it was easiest to put it there instead of on the dash where it would have left a mark or residue that might have been noticeable. I can still see the screen if i need to but it keeps it out of the way so I don't think about it unless I need to.
Sponsored