Country flag

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
It looks awesome! So simple and I bet you can make this yourself. It's basically a holding stand. How hard is it to plug and unplug the phone?
It's not hard at all, I just purchased the newer 3 model of it and it's currently in my hatch and I use it while driving for lyft. I will take a couple pictures of it soon.

paulz01

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi everyone i know this an old threat but wondering if anyone has any new updates...

I'm going on a road trip in 2 weeks and wants to know if anyone had any good suggestions for a good phone cradle/mount for my iphone 7. Links would be much appreciated!

I'd use my apple car play + apple maps but it sucks outside the bay area. I'd rather use google maps and download the offline maps in case I lose LTE.

bostondan

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Hi everyone i know this an old threat but wondering if anyone has any new updates...

I'm going on a road trip in 2 weeks and wants to know if anyone had any good suggestions for a good phone cradle/mount for my iphone 7. Links would be much appreciated!

I'd use my apple car play + apple maps but it sucks outside the bay area. I'd rather use google maps and download the offline maps in case I lose LTE.
I still think this one is best: http://a.co/c026Ynp (Model HLCRIO121). I stick it to my windshield, not the dash. I put it in the very far bottom left of my windshield as low as it will go. It does not cause any obstruction of my view in that position (or at least minimal enough to be not noticeable).

There are some people who reported issues removing it when using the dash (though most have been fine and that's what my wife does). I have gone through a million different phone mounts. I always get annoyed, tinkering with them and wondering if there is something better. I have been completely satisfied with this one and currently have no desire for a better mount.

pincusterp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Hatch EX
Here's what I have for my Samsung GS7

It works great for me. I hate having loose cords so this solves that since the dock is stationary. I pop my phone into the dock when I get in the car, use Android Auto while driving for music, maps, etc., and never have to touch the phone. I used double sided tape to make it stick. It never moves. I've had it about 3 months and love it. No, I can't use my phone very effectively while driving but I'M NOT SUPPOSED TO. Also important to note - the pivoting is built into the dock. It's not a loose or faulty connection to my phone's usb port.

Here's what I bought. It took a month to arrive but it was worth it. I mean, $7 plus shipping... http://www.ebay.com/itm/Micro-USB-C...-Huawei-Xiaomi-/152101543239?var=451303369451

Edit: Credit where credit's due...I got this idea from somewhere/someone else on these forums. Can't find the post but credit is due to that dude, not me...

Last edited:

paid2play

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring, 2017 Honda Hatchback Sport
This is all you need. I can't stand looking down at my phone while driving but I also despise objects on my dash blocking my view in anyway at all. This little guy is $8 and attaches to your AC vent. I put it in the center vent right above the stereo and it feels like its part of the car. Its magnet based, so you can either place the thin metal piece inside your phone case or attach the 3m metal piece to the outside of the case. I like my phone in the horizontal position and this mount is ideal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PGJWYJ0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

raygold

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda CRV
This is all you need. I can't stand looking down at my phone while driving but I also despise objects on my dash blocking my view in anyway at all. This little guy is $8 and attaches to your AC vent. I put it in the center vent right above the stereo and it feels like its part of the car. Its magnet based, so you can either place the thin metal piece inside your phone case or attach the 3m metal piece to the outside of the case. I like my phone in the horizontal position and this mount is ideal.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00PGJWYJ0/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1
That is the one I settled on and use full time now.

VideoVamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
As a career technologist, I can't recommend the magnetic universal mount paired with a custom dash adapter from ProclipsUSA. Here's the direct link to the '16 civic. They have mounts for both versions of the head unit.
https://nerds.link/2nkJ9Zc
I love the pro clip system with the custom dash mount because switching phones doesn't require any additional hardware. You simply attach a metal disc to your phone or phone case and you're done!

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount IMG_6587.JPG

VideoVamp

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount image
Most importantly, the proclip system is a rock solid mount which doesn't hurt your dashboard. It fits in your seams and is friction mounted.

jayzon831

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic hatchback sport cvt, 2003 Acura RSX (totaled)
Country flag
To the guys mounting a dock on their console tray, be very careful. You'll be taking your eyes completely off the road since you'll be looking down and away when using the GPS or messing with your device. That's how my buddy totaled his car recently. I'm also not a fan of the dashboard suction mounted ones, since I've heard stories of them ripping and ruining the dash material. I use one mounted to the vent with a clip. It's not perfect, but it's solid and does the job. No complaints so far. https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01N97Q1BR/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

zabih107

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
I ultimately changed to this mount and have been extremely happy: https://www.amazon.com/dp/B00JRGOKQ8/ref=twister_B00NQ0CA0E?_encoding=UTF8&th=1

I suction it to the windshield just above the vent to the left of the steering wheel. I set it back a bit to prevent it from obstructing any of my view. It is extremely stable.

Some of the reviews on Amazon say that it caused damage when suctioned to the dash, as they recommend. It seems these people may or may not have actually used it correctly. However, I have found that the suction to the windshield is extremely strong, yet still comes off fine. The mount is very stable and can be used with one hand.
I just bought this, but the 3rd model (v2).
iOttie Easy One Touch 3