First Name
Kabir
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR, 1992 Civic HB
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It comes in two pieces. The magnet slides into a slot behind the hazard mount.

Got my mount the other day and its super sturdy. Went over a dozen speed bumps with no movement whatsoever.
Link to mount: https://amzn.to/2XPZ6cm

DSC00601.JPG
Thanks! I actually got mine earlier than expected and clipped it in. :)

Last night was my first really driving with it as well and I really liked it.
Sponsored

jtamase

the.xth
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic LX Hatchback; 2016 Pilot LX
Country flag
does it come with a metal plate to put inside the case?

GoodBytes

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic 2016 EX
Country flag
I did not break my head. I got a windshield cellphone holder where the suction cup is sticky, and instead of putting it on my windshield, I put it on the place where you store your phone. Nice, clean and inconspicuous.

Jonathan89

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si coupe 2017
Country flag
Hi there! I'm in the process of making a phone holder that once I get it perfected I plan on sharing with others. Here's what I have so far.

I made a SLOPPY clay representation of what I wanted. Like others have said there's not a ton of great places that the phone wouldn't get in the way. In the position I'm thinking, it might brush my leg, but I can always fine turn new prototypes as I have full access to a 3D printer at work.

22048069_10105554349271454_1049743973504240074_o.jpg

With this though comes the problem of the complex shape of that edge piece it will be binding to. I want to make it a good tight fit and I wasn't confident with calipers and trying to get some good dimensions off the plastic, so, I read up about making a 3D scanner and found I could make one with my XBOX 360 Kinect so I figured what the heck, I'll give it a shot. Here's a picture of my results:

22310321_10105598876787954_3011636711985718068_n.jpg

This is going to give me a VERY solid rendering to start with at the very least. After I've completed the trails and errors, I'll be posting up end results (expect a finished product in 3 weeks as I'm going on vacation)
i seen the other post

Can you get me one of these for my Civic I like your idea better then the cleck

samuray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cbr600rr, 2016 civic LX, 2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount 20190408_215656

Perfect place. the wire reaches to have Android auto as well

oriali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
20190408_215656.jpg

Could you post another pic (or two) from a wider angle, with the phone mounted?

Also, is that this mount? https://www.amazon.ca/GETIHU-Universal-Dashboard-BlackBerry-Smartphone/dp/B075WSS482

Because I have a similar one from PrimeCables and I just spent a while tonight trying to figure out where to put it... your picture was something I thought about, but was worried the the faux carbon fibre surface wouldn't hold the mount well.

The only other location I can think of placing that magnet mount is on the right border, on the piano black finish of the infotainment.

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This is what I use for my phone mount.
Picked it up in Japan. I like it because it somewhat matches the CTR interior trim.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cell Phone Holder Mount Phone Mount.PNG

oriali

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R CW
Country flag
This is what I use for my phone mount.
Picked it up in Japan. I like it because it somewhat matches the CTR interior trim.

Phone Mount.PNG
Good to know it sticks well on the faux carbon trim, I was scared to put my magnet mount there (similar style to yours, small ball joint that's 360 rotatable).

Do you feel your phone is angled enough to look at when you drive? I'm contemplating placing mine to the left of the infotainment on the trim, above the starter.

Andjoo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Type R - CW #19431
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good to know it sticks well on the faux carbon trim, I was scared to put my magnet mount there (similar style to yours, small ball joint that's 360 rotatable).

Do you feel your phone is angled enough to look at when you drive? I'm contemplating placing mine to the left of the infotainment on the trim, above the starter.
Placement of my phone is perfect where it is (viewing angle, reach etc). I don't ever really have to look at my phone, since I'm always using carplay.

Jonathan89

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic si coupe 2017
Country flag

Where can I this mount

samuray

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2008 Cbr600rr, 2016 civic LX, 2019 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Could you post another pic (or two) from a wider angle, with the phone mounted?

Also, is that this mount? https://www.amazon.ca/GETIHU-Universal-Dashboard-BlackBerry-Smartphone/dp/B075WSS482

Because I have a similar one from PrimeCables and I just spent a while tonight trying to figure out where to put it... your picture was something I thought about, but was worried the the faux carbon fibre surface wouldn't hold the mount well.

The only other location I can think of placing that magnet mount is on the right border, on the piano black finish of the infotainment.
Thats the one I got, its taller than most magnetic mounts so its perfect to the carbon fiber area closer to driver seat and slightly overlaps the headunit when you put your phone. I followed instructions. didn't use it for 72 hrs and its perfect. I cant take a pic because I dont have another camera but my phone.

TidbitsSi

First Name
Reggie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Sedan
Country flag

Puma

First Name
Brandon
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R
Country flag
20190408_215656.jpg

Where did you order that screen protector?? I ordered one off amazon and the fitment is TERRIBLE! Thanks in advance

Yeet-n-Duner

First Name
j0
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
hb ex
Country flag
I made it myself. It's very easy, you just buy a guitar capo and stick whatever mount you want to it. Mine is probably a bit more complicated because I had some preferences, like using my old mount, and wanting it to swivel 360 degree. I did not want to block vents, middle console pocket, or any buttons. I also did not want to reach for the phone, and did not want to obscure my view. I did not want to use adhesives or screws. I wanted it to look good when the phone was not in it. The design changed as I was making it too, which added some unnecessary complications. But essentially it's just a guitar capo with a go pro ball that fits into the original mount. Took some additional photos. I added the carbon fiber vinyl on to it. There is ample leg room, as some people were disputing that I'd knock it with my leg.

What it can do:
Tilt up/down/left/right
Swivel 360 degree at the base
Rotate 360 degree at the part that holds the phone
Adjust height up/down
Holds phone/tablet 4-8 inches
Can insert and remove with one hand
Reachable from steering wheel and from armrest without extending
Has a hole in the bottom to let you plug in
Easily tighten/loosen by the blue screw. I changed the screw color to match the color of my car

20171022_175928.jpg 20171022_175951.jpg
20171022_175940.jpg 20171022_180006.jpg 20171022_180041.jpg 20171022_180052.jpg 20171022_180108.jpg
i like your idea best!... which version guitar capo did you buy?
can you send me a link? also, is there a smaller version of that style?
thanks!
Sponsored