Cel??

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
What's up guys! I was just wondering if I was to put a high flow cat or test pipe would the CEL come one? If yes would there be a way to tune it, or make it turn off?
Sponsored

NorthernEX-T

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
17 Type R
Vehicle Showcase
Most likely yes. Ktuner is available but they are still in they're early testing stages still tuning the 1.5t with intake and exhaust only. For now. Be patient, more options are coming. But I wouldn't go cutting my exhaust off until you can properly tune the car with those mods.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Invest in a cheap OBD-II reader and smartphone app and you can check and clear any CEL codes that may pop up.

thepixelsedge

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Would the cel keep popping up tho after I clear it
Hmmm, I dunno but I'm guessing it would the next time that sensor fails a check.

I've yet to have any CELs on my Civic so I dunno but I've tried clearing the TPMS warning on my Jeep (no TPMS sensors in my snow tires) and it's stay off only until the next time you turn on the car and the system checks for those sensors. I'm assuming the Civic would be the same way.

OP
OP
zilla.slides96
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Hmmm, I dunno but I'm guessing it would the next time that sensor fails a check.

I've yet to have any CELs on my Civic so I dunno but I've tried clearing the TPMS warning on my Jeep (no TPMS sensors in my snow tires) and it's stay off only until the next time you turn on the car and the system checks for those sensors. I'm assuming the Civic would be the same way.
Ahh probably, cause I want to put on a different cat for the car. I wanna make it sound different

OP
OP
zilla.slides96
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Most likely yes. Ktuner is available but they are still in they're early testing stages still tuning the 1.5t with intake and exhaust only. For now. Be patient, more options are coming. But I wouldn't go cutting my exhaust off until you can properly tune the car with those mods.
Awesome, so with ktuner I would be able to mess with more options? Like tricking the cel or something?

ferdinand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring, 2019 BMW X2 M35i
Country flag
Would the cel keep popping up tho after I clear it
Probably - if the same conditions exist it will re-appear. I had a high flow cat in a turboback exhaust in an old S4 that would pop up after around 50 miles of driving..repeatedly.

OP
OP
zilla.slides96
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Probably - if the same conditions exist it will re-appear. I had a high flow cat in a turboback exhaust in an old S4 that would pop up after around 50 miles of driving..repeatedly.
Ah damn, if it pop up: would that mean there's actually something wrong or is it just because it's reading differently?

Design

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
09 MS3, 17 ABM Si Sedan
Country flag
Generally not a smart idea to mod the cats/DP until a proper tuning solution is available. On some DI platforms, removal of the cats (even a test pipe) can lead to boost creep and/or potential fueling issues.

Give it a little time. Until then, some good information to keep you busy.
http://www.civicx.com/threads/tuning-and-forced-induction-glossary.231/

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
Also, looking a the current location of the CAT, your would have to reloate the cat to under the car to gain any HP benefit. Also, watch for effecting your backpressure. I tried open exhaust on my wrx and lost power on the low end due to the lack of backpressure created by the muffflers. Had 3 inch pipes with headers.
One option that seems to be CEL ok and cheap is to remove the mufflers and just leave the CAT and resinator. Sounds good and no CEL.

DrwMDvs

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Civic Si Sedan, 2000 Honda Civic
Country flag
High flow cats perform just as well as a test pipe. Please do us a favor and save the 1/2 HP loss you might experience between the two and help save the planet along with yourself (from all the headaches you'll have with a cat removed), by retaining a catalytic converter.

OP
OP
zilla.slides96
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Also, looking a the current location of the CAT, your would have to reloate the cat to under the car to gain any HP benefit. Also, watch for effecting your backpressure. I tried open exhaust on my wrx and lost power on the low end due to the lack of backpressure created by the muffflers. Had 3 inch pipes with headers.
One option that seems to be CEL ok and cheap is to remove the mufflers and just leave the CAT and resinator. Sounds good and no CEL.
I see, I was looking at that but only one of the exhaust can be bolted off, and the other one is welded on with the resonator.

chrisliese

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic exl-t, 2002 Honda s2000 turbo, 2016 Honda Odyssey
I see, I was looking at that but only one of the exhaust can be bolted off, and the other one is welded on with the resonator.
Interestng. wonder how it would sound if you capped the one exhaust line after removing the muffler and therefore sending all the exhaust out one muffler.
Sponsored