swoletato

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe
Country flag
Got my rv6 catted dp installed about a week ago and the following day my CEL came on. Reset the battery and it took off the CEL but came back on shortly after. Ordered a CNT 90 deg defouler and had that installed. The CEL went away but then came back a couple miles later. Any idea on what it could be? Is it one of those things where I need to go through a couple drive cycles before it clears off my dash?
Sponsored

Si2020

First Name
Chris
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
I have the catless RV6 and it came with defouler. Over 250 miles and no light yet. Didn’t disable in tuner either. Although it may be checked. I have the TSP stage one.

Jes_si562

First Name
Jesse
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si. 1990 Honda civic w d16z6 swap (sold) 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback sport(wifes)
Country flag
Most likely is for the slow 02 respond

niko78

First Name
Niko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring 1.5T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
same issue. installed it last week and just today the CEL light came on. wondering if i should just take it off with ktuner or if it means something more

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
same issue. installed it last week and just today the CEL light came on. wondering if i should just take it off with ktuner or if it means something more
Yes, you need to check the code and toggle the proper disable for it. (and then resflash your ECU)

10GenPearlSi

Old Man
First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Pearl Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have TSP Stage 2 tune and installed an RV6 catted downpipe. No cel yet, but I have only had it in 3 weeks. I am keeping my fingers crossed. I would like to hear from people who have had high flow cats for a long time and haven't had a cel yet.

niko78

First Name
Niko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Yes, you need to check the code and toggle the proper disable for it. (and then resflash your ECU)
looked into it and saw that P0139 (the code i was throwing) and P0138 are common with aftermarket downpipes. Started looking around and was able to clear the code with a single push of a button without reflashing since i have the v2 ktuner. thanks for the help!

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
looked into it and saw that P0139 (the code i was throwing) and P0138 are common with aftermarket downpipes. Started looking around and was able to clear the code with a single push of a button without reflashing since i have the v2 ktuner. thanks for the help!
Keep in mind that will clear the code but not prevent it from happening again. That is what the disables are for. :)

niko78

First Name
Niko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Keep in mind that will clear the code but not prevent it from happening again. That is what the disables are for. :)
oh wow. didn't know that. guess I'll work with it some more after work lol. thanks again

niko78

First Name
Niko
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I do not, what ktuner do I need to buy? Also do I need TSP stage one? Thanks for the reply
no you don't need stage 1. i just bought it and it's great but you don't need it to disable the code. you don't need the v2 ktuner either the v1.2 will suffice or even hondata if you prefer it. i recommend buying a tuner if you're looking for more power. it's the best bang for your buck when looking for power

OP
OP

swoletato

First Name
Rex
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic LX-P Coupe
Country flag
no you don't need stage 1. i just bought it and it's great but you don't need it to disable the code. you don't need the v2 ktuner either the v1.2 will suffice or even hondata if you prefer it. i recommend buying a tuner if you're looking for more power. it's the best bang for your buck when looking for power
I can disable the code with hondata as well?