CBC Marketplace: Car dealerships selling unnecessary maintenance

shadowspar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 WOP Hatch LX CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Won't surprise anyone to find out that sketchy service advisors will try to get you to change brake pads or even sparks before they are due. It's an issue that's not specific to any one make or manufacturer.

What I did find interesting is that they mentioned the names of the dealers who tried to pull one over on them -- specifically, Parkway Honda in Toronto, where the service advisor tried to sell them $600 of unneeded brake work while totally missing the car's outstanding Takata airbag recall.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/marketplace-dealerships-service-upselling-1.4300557
Sponsored

macos1980

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Mercedes-Benz, BMW
Won't surprise anyone to find out that sketchy service advisors will try to get you to change brake pads or even sparks before they are due. It's an issue that's not specific to any one make or manufacturer.

What I did find interesting is that they mentioned the names of the dealers who tried to pull one over on them -- specifically, Parkway Honda in Toronto, where the service advisor tried to sell them $600 of unneeded brake work while totally missing the car's outstanding Takata airbag recall.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/business/marketplace-dealerships-service-upselling-1.4300557

Just finished watching CBC marketplace video on Parkway Honda. Thank you for shedding light on this dishonest Honda dealer. They are certainly giving Honda brand and other honest dealers a bad image. For everyone on this forum if you don't want to be ripped off by these crooks, make sure to steer clear of Parkway Honda. The trick I use to tell if a business is honest or not, you can usually judge the issues by reading their 1 star Google reviews.

BTW: Parkway Honda also recommended additional $120 for brake flush on top of $600 rear brake job. A quick search on Amazon shows Honda OEM brake pads to be $49. :(