gingermybuddy

First Name
Jason
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback EX 1.5T
Country flag
I had a 2006 Volvo XC90 for a while. I put a CB radio in there a couple years ago and loved it. 2 weeks ago I got a 2018 Civic hatchback EX I want to put the CB in my new car however I understand how stupid the 3' antenna would look on it. Do any of you guys have any recommendations for antennas, I was hoping for one that would fit in the "shark fin" on top with all the other antennas but I understand that will be difficult or impossible.
Sponsored

shoegazer

assistant to the assistant manager
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic LX Coupe 2.0 (CVT)
Country flag
And a transmitting antenna doesn't *have* to be on the roof. It really boils down to SWR (standing wave ratio) and performance (distance). If you get the SWR wrong (tuned incorrectly); you'll fry your radio. Full wavelength antennas mounted vertically on top of a perpendicular metal surface will, generally, work the best (cover the most distance) of course. But as was mentioned earlier; there are alternatives.

Axatax

Banned
Banned
Threads
Reaction score
In Malkuth, surrounded by evil, low on gas.
Vehicle(s)
2K Civic DX Coupe B18C5 (swap), 2017 Civic LX Coupe 6MT
Country flag
You can get an aftermarket shark-fin antenna that has an external NMO mount on it. That would be the least offensive, aesthetically.

The best place for a 10/11 meter antenna, is dead-center on the roof, but you already know that :). That means drilling a hole. Mobile installs are always going to be a compromise. You just have to decide between SWR and aesthetics.

Last edited:

Mikeybc

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-T, 2015 Nissan Murano
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
A magnetic Wilson "Lil Wil" would be my pick, yes it's a wire whip but the performance is excellent ! I had one on my Connex 4400 HP and a modded Cherokee CM-10+
Sponsored