First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I have the Mishimoto can on, and have had it on pretty much since break-in. I just changed my oil tonight, so I checked the can. I had ignored some monthly reminders on my phone to check and empty the can, so I was not expecting to see it empty. I guess most of the volume I have experienced was due to cold weather starts, condensation, and fuel. Can anyone else corroborate a similar day/night contrast on caught volume by winter/summer?

I stopped smelling anything after about 6-8 months after installing the can, and have not caught a whiff of PCV Gases. So, the system is staying closed. I just tuned the car in March, and only had a stage-0 tune through to tax day-ish when I slapped the A/S tires back on. However, the last month I have been doing lots of spirited driving. 20mpg spirited.
Sponsored

nikkon

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag
Hi
I intend to install one too. I just want to know what is the ~amount of liquid you find after 2-3 months?
do you regret having it? i'll lose my warranty once i install it so need to make sure it is a good investment.

amnesiac

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Si Sedan
Hi
I intend to install one too. I just want to know what is the ~amount of liquid you find after 2-3 months?
do you regret having it? i'll lose my warranty once i install it so need to make sure it is a good investment.
Why would you lose your warranty? I find the same...fair amount of fluid in winter but almost none in summer.

nikkon

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag
În România they forbidden you to tune the care in any way. Adding anything to the engine it is considered a warranty issue

OP
OP
IronFusion

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why would you lose your warranty? I find the same...fair amount of fluid in winter but almost none in summer.
Same. I always use the same gas, oil, etc. I thought I would have much more blowby now that warm weather, upgrades, and a tune have converged for me. Nope. Hopefully that means my rings are awesome and I have very good compressive seal going on. Otherwise, the can is missing a lot.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
În România they forbidden you to tune the care in any way. Adding anything to the engine it is considered a warranty issue
Just remove it before going in for the service, they will never know it was installed

nikkon

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag
Yes I can remove it every time however it's not something
I want

OP
OP
IronFusion

IronFusion

First Name
Fred
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe EX-L
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That's a bummer. Are you then stuck getting only dealership of OEM replacement parts if repairs or maintenance need to be done while still under warranty?

nikkon

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag
Yes.
What they allow me to do is only bring my own oil and filters if the match the manual description.

nikkon

First Name
Mihai
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic 1.5T
Country flag
yeah, i'll figure it out somehow

RetroJR

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 EX-T 6MT ViTuned
Country flag
I have the Mishimoto can on, and have had it on pretty much since break-in. I just changed my oil tonight, so I checked the can. I had ignored some monthly reminders on my phone to check and empty the can, so I was not expecting to see it empty. I guess most of the volume I have experienced was due to cold weather starts, condensation, and fuel. Can anyone else corroborate a similar day/night contrast on caught volume by winter/summer?

I stopped smelling anything after about 6-8 months after installing the can, and have not caught a whiff of PCV Gases. So, the system is staying closed. I just tuned the car in March, and only had a stage-0 tune through to tax day-ish when I slapped the A/S tires back on. However, the last month I have been doing lots of spirited driving. 20mpg spirited.
I have had the catch can for about 17k miles and I see more condensation in the can in the winter. Very little accumulates in warmer weather from my own experience. Maybe a teaspoon or so of oil every few thousand miles is what I see in there.
Sponsored