Jayceegee

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 civic si
Country flag
Hi, I ordered part number 08L96TA0101A, which is a cargo hook for the civic. My understanding was that it would fit the 2019 Si Coupe. Dumb me --- I checked the trunk of my car this morning and do not see the pre drilled holes to install the cargo hooks. Apparently the cargo hooks are for the sedan only. Since the ordered hook is on the way has anyone installed it on the coupe ??? How did you install ??
Thanks.
Sponsored

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Hi, I ordered part number 08L96TA0101A, which is a cargo hook for the civic. My understanding was that it would fit the 2019 Si Coupe. Dumb me --- I checked the trunk of my car this morning and do not see the pre drilled holes to install the cargo hooks. Apparently the cargo hooks are for the sedan only. Since the ordered hook is on the way has anyone installed it on the coupe ??? How did you install ??
Thanks.
The holes are present. Ideally, you're supposed to install a rivnut into the hole, so the mounting bolt can thread in.

I said, "f that noise" and inserted the bolt from the top down and tightened a nut from the bottom up. On one side, there was enough resistance by reaching my finger in and holding the bolt head while I tightened the nut with a ratchet from the bottom. On the other side, I was not able to hold it well enough so I have one tight and one loose cargo hook.

There is not space to fit a wrench in to hold the nut head.

69L46Vert

First Name
Rick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 SI Coupe, 2003 Civic DX, 1977 CJ5, 1969 Corvette, 1954 GMC 100, 2018 Toyota 4Runner, 1965 Volkswagen Beetle
Country flag
I installed hooks in my coupe's trunk for the cargo net. Had to make a tool to install the riv nuts (came with the net) but creating the tool was pretty easy.

Swank

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe Black
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Took me like 30 mins of trying the homemade rivnut tool trick and didn't work for me, just used the other nuts that came with it. I was able to fit a small socket wrench in to hold the nuts while tightening, both installed super solid.
Sponsored