Carbon Fiber Hoods? Anything I need to know?

Which style is best?

• VS-Style

• TR-Style

Results are only viewable after voting.

Villain0us

'18 Hatch Sport Touring
First Name
Ivan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Hi everyone, so I'm in the market for a carbon fiber hood and have been looking at either the Seibon VS-style or TR-style hoods. Before I go and buy one I was wondering if any of you guys can offer some tips or knowledge about them since this will be my first experience with a cf hood. My main questions I had are:

Should I be concerned with water getting under the hood through the vents?

Are heat barriers necessary/recommended? I've seen plenty of guys running hoods without heat barriers and I was thinking of getting the adhesive ones from Seibon in hopes of preventing coloration. Does it make a difference?

What is the best way to care for and maintain the hood? Should I go all out and get it uv clear coated or will wash and wax be suffice?

Any info you can share would be great. And please give me a vote on which hood you guys like better. Thanks!

(the TR style is the hood scoop similar to the type r and the VS is the slotted V shape)

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon Fiber Hoods? Anything I need to know? 220F8A1B-B2F9-448D-BC6C-EC0FD5026DD1

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon Fiber Hoods? Anything I need to know? A73043D4-FBDC-4A1E-8FF9-8B665C0407E2