Carbon fiber center console transmission accent?

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks good overall. I don't know that I'd want the full kit, though. Seems like that's a lot of CF. Would be nice if you could pick and choose pieces for a custom kit.

You posting pics when it comes in? :)

Accordlayingkit

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Looks good overall. I don't know that I'd want the full kit, though. Seems like that's a lot of CF. Would be nice if you could pick and choose pieces for a custom kit.

You posting pics when it comes in? :)
Sure...u can contact CarID and tell them what numbers you would like and they could get you a quote from Remin. Some smaller pieces go for like $10/$15 per piece.

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Don't have a shop do it, it's super easy. The console accent comes out and you can wrap it pretty easily that way. I have had 0 experience wrapping before and was able to do the whole thing in about an hour with no bubbles and no messing up of the pattern. I did have to re-apply it a second time, though, because I didn't match the direction of the OEM carbon fiber pieces. It was driving me crazy.

Pretty easy to pull the piece out, though, and wrap it. I had a heat gun and that definitely made things super simple. Just take your time, watch some youtube how to's, and you should be ok to do it on your own.
Hi, could you explicit how to pull the piece out please ? I REALLY do not want to mess it up :) Is there any non-scratching tool recommended to do so ?

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Hi, could you explicit how to pull the piece out please ? I REALLY do not want to mess it up :) Is there any non-scratching tool recommended to do so ?
This is the kit I used. It did not scratch anything.
https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01EXZKHWI/

You will also need a screwdriver for some screws and a wrench (I think the size is 10mm but adjustable crescent wrench should work too) if you have a MT. You'll need to remove the shift knob to pull the interior piece off. I don't know what's needed if you have an auto, but I'm sure there's a youtube video out there.

All I did was remove the two "arm rest" trim pieces and the two trim pieces that run up the shifter console and up by the head unit. Pry slowly as your first time can be a bit tricky. Those suckers are stuck in there pretty good but they do come off with slow and consistent pulling/prying.

After that, it's pretty easy to see what screws to undo. I removed the whole shift boot and attached trim piece, then popped out the glossy black part when everything was off. Applied some carbon vinyl (I used this https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B3FAYLA) and put it all back together.

It was nerve racking at first. But, I'm glad I did it myself. It got me familiar with my car and gave me the confidence I needed to do some other interior mods.

If you want a really good video to watch, Acuity has videos on their site for installing components in the shifter (centering spring, shifter base bushings, etc.). They show nicely how to get into the center console of a MT.

First Name
Laurent
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic X
Thanks for the details. I watched the Acuity YT video, but I think that it is way too much work for just a tiny piece of glossy plastic...
I guess I will go for an in situ solution with self adhesive vinyl.

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
I used vivid vinyl or whatever it's called from Amazon. About $10 a roll.

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon fiber center console transmission accent? IMG_9972

I couldn't find "plastic" faux CF overlays for either of those two areas so I tried vinyl and I think it came out pretty good. Getting the top part that surrounds the shifter (the black "CF" wrapped part) off was a pain.

Matthyahuw

First Name
Matthew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Agean Blue Civic Si Sedan 2016 Omaha Orange Jeep Renegade Trailhawk
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
i changed out the shift boot, it's not too hard...I liked what you did with the Sport button tho!
I wanted to do something different as well with that button, but wasn't sure what...GJ!

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I didn't think it was bad at all either. But, different strokes for different folks!

civictrooper

First Name
Jonathan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

IMG_9972.jpg

I couldn't find "plastic" faux CF overlays for either of those two areas so I tried vinyl and I think it came out pretty good. Getting the top part that surrounds the shifter (the black "CF" wrapped part) off was a pain.
Where

IMG_9972.jpg

where you get them Mario kart decals very cool

kstawowczyk

First Name
Kyle
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe
Country flag

IMG_9972.jpg

Do you have a link for the Civic Si plate you have? I've been looking for something to fill that awkward space. I cant tell from your picture, but do the sides sit flat, or are they raised a little due to the consoles curves?

REBELXSi

Señor Member
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si coupe RIP, '20 CRV EX-L Hybrid
Country flag
Do you have a link for the Civic Si plate you have? I've been looking for something to fill that awkward space. I cant tell from your picture, but do the sides sit flat, or are they raised a little due to the consoles curves?
I think it might be slightly raised at the edges, the plate is flat and as you mentioned the console curves there. It's a tight fit and the reason it's so high up in that area is because it wouldn't squeeze in any lower. It's definitely not coming off without effort.

I plan on using the blank area below it for other buttons for an air horn and possibly an auxiliary light. The plate can be found on graphixpressions.
Sponsored