Carbon fiber center console transmission accent?

HarlowQuinn

First Name
Harlow
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic
Country flag
Does anyone know of any company that makes a carbon fiber center console transmission accent cover? I've seen covers for the surrounding area but seems that this section would not only be more noticeable but also protect the area since it is prone to scratching due to its location.

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon fiber center console transmission accent? upload_2018-5-27_16-13-32
Sponsored

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Cover it with some carbon fiber look vinyl like 3M DiNoc or 1080. It will look good and protect the area.

Honda Civic 10th gen Carbon fiber center console transmission accent? 20160522_140019-

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si Coupe (Sold), 2020 Acura RDX A-Spec (SH-AWD)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a sheet of this on the way https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B3FAYLA. Have never vinyl wrapped anything in my life. Should have it here by this weekend to give it a go on that very part of the interior. Will let you know how it goes.

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Haven't wrapped that area yet. But, the vinyl I posted above does not match the other interior pieces. Just arrived last night and it is much darker than the OEM trim pieces on the dash.

Still going to install it to protect from scratches. But, it's the same black gloss color, just a carbon fiber pattern. :(

Last edited:

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
The trim on the dash has kind of a sheen, though. I imagine a matte vinyl might match the pattern, but not the finish. Maybe we're hoping for something that doesn't exist, though. If we want an exact match we may just need to wrap the other carbon trim pieces too :D

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Looks good. TY!

marksi17

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic Si coupe
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Cover it with some carbon fiber look vinyl like 3M DiNoc or 1080. It will look good and protect the area.

20160522_140019-jpg.jpg
that looks great. I'm also in the market to try and in the process of trying to make the interior more carbon fiber-ish. I have no experience wrapping/ applying carbon fiber trims to existing parts. Did you have to take apart your parts or did you just put the new wrap over the existing? I'm really bad at this type of stuff so do you recommend an upholstery shop to do it or a body shop? I'd pay the $$ to avoid potentially screwing up my interior. thanks for any advice/ suggestions

calijoefornia

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-L in Lunar Silver Metallic
Country flag
that looks great. I'm also in the market to try and in the process of trying to make the interior more carbon fiber-ish. I have no experience wrapping/ applying carbon fiber trims to existing parts. Did you have to take apart your parts or did you just put the new wrap over the existing? I'm really bad at this type of stuff so do you recommend an upholstery shop to do it or a body shop? I'd pay the $$ to avoid potentially screwing up my interior. thanks for any advice/ suggestions
I’ve wrapped several cars and different interior pieces with vinyl of all textures and finishes. Carbon wrap is challenging for the reason that you really can’t heat and stretch too much otherwise the pattern looks way off. In this instance with the shifter trim, I’d really recommend leaving it in place. Just make sure you use a felt squeegee and don’t press too hard or scrape around the edges with it. Just press firmly and glide the squeegee over it with enough pressure to get the bubbles out.

TL;DR if you’re looking for some advice or ideas on techniques and want to see it in action, I highly recommend CK Wraps YouTube channel. It’s basically a complete education on vinyl and how to learn it as a beginner all the way to advanced stuff.

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Don't have a shop do it, it's super easy. The console accent comes out and you can wrap it pretty easily that way. I have had 0 experience wrapping before and was able to do the whole thing in about an hour with no bubbles and no messing up of the pattern. I did have to re-apply it a second time, though, because I didn't match the direction of the OEM carbon fiber pieces. It was driving me crazy.

Pretty easy to pull the piece out, though, and wrap it. I had a heat gun and that definitely made things super simple. Just take your time, watch some youtube how to's, and you should be ok to do it on your own.

MavicTB

First Name
Terry
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
18 Civic Si Sedan Aegean Blue
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I got a sheet of this on the way https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B01B3FAYLA. Have never vinyl wrapped anything in my life. Should have it here by this weekend to give it a go on that very part of the interior. Will let you know how it goes.
I have had a roll of this sitting in my desk for months. It's a bit thick so I wanted to remove that peice entirely to wrap it. Just haven't got to it haha. I also have the 2016 audio control with volume slider to install... And a cat less downpipe... And some leds... It's just so damn hot haha. And I am lazy.

TheKevinlyFather

First Name
Kevin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I imagine summer time in TX is not the best time to work in the garage :D. Cooler months are around the corner. Sounds like you have some winter activities planned!
Sponsored