Elite Sponsor
First Name
Barett
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic SI Sedan, 2009 Mazdaspeed 3
Country flag
Here at 27WON we have been considering this, but are unsure of the demand for it. The CARB certification process is very extensive.

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Here at 27WON we have been considering this, but are unsure of the demand for it. The CARB certification process is very extensive.
Extensive and EXPENSIVE.

COOL COUPE

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic SI coupe (red) Skunk 2 shift knob BOV Spacer Plate (red) K&N Panel Filter Dual Muffler Delete
Country flag
It's how they'll redefine the aftermarket. Making aftermarket parts California legal :headbang:
The trick is to have a 25 year old car! You qualify for classic car status and no longer need inspections ... I have seen European Godzilla Nissons (prior EVO gen) on the roads in the US ... with wrong side drive ... and ... it's perfectly legal!

ericwudi0830

First Name
Eric
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2007 Honda Civic Si
Country flag
The trick is to have a 25 year old car! You qualify for classic car status and no longer need inspections ... I have seen European Godzilla Nissons (prior EVO gen) on the roads in the US ... with wrong side drive ... and ... it's perfectly legal!
Wow no way, wish i wouldve seen that

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm holding on to my Integra for that. 5 more years and I can get "Historical Vehicle" plates LOL.

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
I just got money to buy one this month except I may move to California within the year. Chalk me up as a sale you would get if it were certified.

I was all excited to be able to buy one, too, but a potential career move to California is looming and I don't want to have to take it off and sell it.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
No inspection but still needs to pass smog right?

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I just got money to buy one this month except I may move to California within the year. Chalk me up as a sale you would get if it were certified.

I was all excited to be able to buy one, too, but a potential career move to California is looming and I don't want to have to take it off and sell it.
Im guessing there is a DMV inspection when moving state to state but depending on the year of your SI, no smog check is needed for 6 years. After inspection, you can put the aftermarket intake on and reinstall the stock one 6 years from now. smog it. Then put it back on lol

JT Si

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Car
Country flag
Im guessing there is a DMV inspection when moving state to state but depending on the year of your SI, no smog check is needed for 6 years. After inspection, you can put the aftermarket intake on and reinstall the stock one 6 years from now. smog it. Then put it back on lol
IIRC it would have to be inspected when I moved into California and its 6 years from the first model year of the vehicle, so only 3 years left.

If I put something on my car, it's staying for the life of the vehicle. I'm not into the whole swapping parts on and off to skirt the law.

Yonder

First Name
Miguel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
IIRC it would have to be inspected when I moved into California and its 6 years from the first model year of the vehicle, so only 3 years left.

If I put something on my car, it's staying for the life of the vehicle. I'm not into the whole swapping parts on and off to skirt the law.
Oh its from first model year... good to know! Yeah im still on the fence about swapping parts per smog as well. CAI may be the only one since install is fairly simple. Although wouldnt want to throw any codes when swapping and then have an automatic fail because of a CEL:dunno: In the mean time, more money for handling mods lol
Sponsored