Aleks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.krachanko.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT
Country flag
Today, I was taking my car into the shop for service, and wanted to return the ECA to stock before doing so. I plugged in the Flashpro, and it wanted to update the firmware. In the process, Flashpro manager started to 'not respond' and eventually crashed. What I discovered after this is my dash and radio were black so I turned the car off with two presses of the power button. Upon starting it back up, that car did not start, nor did the dash or radio change from black. I'm worried my ECU is toast. What can I do. I think that my battery is low following this happening. I have it disconnected currently. One attempt to recover made it about 20% through a flash, then failed, I'm guessing because of the battery. Anyone have any insight? I'm frankly, terrified that it won't come back from this...
Sponsored

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Sounds like your battery died while reflashing. put it on a charger or someone jumping it and flash it.

When you take it in , have them check your battery to see if its good. They can warranty you a new one

OP
OP
akrachanko

akrachanko

First Name
Aleks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.krachanko.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT
Country flag
Sounds like your battery died while reflashing. put it on a charger or someone jumping it and flash it.

When you take it in , have them check your battery to see if its good. They can warranty you a new one
Charging the battery now. I'm really hoping that will do it. Doesn't make sense to me because battery has been good and I drove it just a few days ago. We are also having single digit temperatures so that may contribute.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Charging the battery now. I'm really hoping that will do it. Doesn't make sense to me because battery has been good and I drove it just a few days ago. We are also having single digit temperatures so that may contribute.
OEM batteries are complete crap. Lots of people complain about them dying randomly and with it being single digits doesnt help in PA.

You could flash it with the charger hooked up

OP
OP
akrachanko

akrachanko

First Name
Aleks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.krachanko.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT
Country flag
OEM batteries are complete crap. Lots of people complain about them dying randomly and with it being single digits doesnt help in PA.

You could flash it with the charger hooked up
Well, I'm going to try to give it a shot. Will update shortly.

OP
OP
akrachanko

akrachanko

First Name
Aleks
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.krachanko.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T 6MT
Country flag
Well, I'm going to try to give it a shot. Will update shortly.
Alright, so we are running again! Must have been battery related. Giving a voltage of about 8V before charged. I hooked up the charger, and was able to start the car, and see the ECU in recovery mode. Did a "Return ECU to Stock" and let it do it's thing. Starts up and after taking it for a quick spin, all of the error messages appear to be gone, except a lingering power steering error, but it doesn't light the dash light. Just appears on the infotainment system as a notification. Gonna try to get it to the shop tomorrow for my 10,000 service, and I'll let them know about the battery crapping out. Thanks all you guys for your input. You're all life savers.
Sponsored