Car won't start after tune...

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX 2.0 CVT Sedan w Sensing
Country flag
I've tried flashing to stock, flashing to tune then reverting to stock, even got the notification to attempt to load the gimp flash to tune back to an original file, and I've even been flashing to a Ktuner provided file, car still won't start.

I was only trying to turn back on one of the 02 sensors, didn't even change anything about the tune itself.

Side note was also having issues logging in and syncing with Ktuner.

OK, after unplugging everything, disconnecting the battery, I'm now not even getting the basic startup lights when I hit my push to start. Dash flashing the H emblem when I open the door, push to start button lights up, but zero dash engagement. Awesome. Can't even boot up to try flashing, now.

Sucks that my car is currently a 3500lb paper weight...
Sponsored

EastBayCivic

First Name
DerekZoolander
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
I've tried flashing to stock, flashing to tune then reverting to stock, even got the notification to attempt to load the gimp flash to tune back to an original file, and I've even been flashing to a Ktuner provided file, car still won't start.

I was only trying to turn back on one of the 02 sensors, didn't even change anything about the tune itself.

Side note was also having issues logging in and syncing with Ktuner.

OK, after unplugging everything, disconnecting the battery, I'm now not even getting the basic startup lights when I hit my push to start. Dash flashing the H emblem when I open the door, push to start button lights up, but zero dash engagement. Awesome. Can't even boot up to try flashing, now.

Sucks that my car is currently a 3500lb paper weight...
A bunch of members solved this problem by charging the battery. Some are reporting that they can run out of charge after flashing just once or twice due to the weak stock battery.

I've gotten away with 3x, but it was during the warmer months.

OP
OP
a c i d.f l y

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Picked up a replacement battery. Old one was super low. I guess when you drive less than 4000mi/yr that's not quite enough to keep it charged all the way. Also, with it not starting and retrying flash after flash with the daytime lights on over half an hour....

Put new battery in, got to diagnostic screen, uploaded correct tune, bam, started.

Thanks for the tip. I was slightly terrified I'd have to contact the dealer for a bricked ECU or something.

Last edited:

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Get a battery tender. I hook mine up every time I tune now for piece of mind.

OP
OP
a c i d.f l y

a c i d.f l y

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Not a bad idea, either.

KTuner

Elite Sponsor
First Name
J.R.
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.KTuner.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Si
Country flag
A battery tender is always a good way to go. This seems to be a story we hear a lot. Glad you're up and running, though. These ECUs have a great recover system!
Sponsored