Car wash scratched my car, how to fix these scratches?

DoctorC

First Name
Christopher
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring in Sonic Gray
Country flag
Oof I don't have that kind of money lol. I did find a little touch less wash near my house. It looks really small though, so I'll have to see how it works out
Hah I cant blame you for not wanting to fork over the extra dough but a touchless wash is definitely the best in between because at least you wont be getting swirls or other scratches but fitting inside it is also important so good luck lol
Sponsored

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
Thank you for the explanation! Would repairing the scratches once damage the clear coat?
To repair the scratches, you'll need to polish the area of the scratches. Polishing smoothen the scratched area of the clear coat. Once it's smoothen, you don't see the scratches anymore. Of course, the act of polishing thins the clear coat. But the scratches look pretty minor, so you won't take out too much of the clear coat in the process.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
To repair the scratches, you'll need to polish the area of the scratches. Polishing smoothen the scratched area of the clear coat. Once it's smoothen, you don't see the scratches anymore. Of course, the act of polishing thins the clear coat. But the scratches look pretty minor, so you won't take out too much of the clear coat in the process.
Thank you!

biosses

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic
Country flag
Kind of hard to see the scratches, but there are a whole bunch of little scratches going all different directions. Car wash says they "reviewed" camera footage and they're 100% percent confident they didn't do it. I know those automatic car washes are a bad idea, but I've never had problems with scratches in the past. I decided to try a new place out, and they first scrubbed down the car with brushes before entering the tunnel, which was odd and concerning for me, because no other car wash I've been to has never done that before. They aren't noticable unless you're super close, but I would still like to fix them. Any ideas?

IMG_20200222_180357.jpg

I didn't even let the dealership wash my car when i bought it, let alone auto wash. I told dealership to not remove plastic wrap. No one take are of your car better than you .

jayy_swish

First Name
Jay
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic Sport Touring
Country flag
Rule number one don’t use those washers TOUCHLESS WASHERS ONLY

Especially with these generation’s of Honda’s coming out because they have THIN paint. It’s super delicate, and scraps and can potentially come off too easily.. so wash the car yourself and get it waxed religiously to take care of the paint

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I didn't even let the dealership wash my car when i bought it, let alone auto wash. I told dealership to not remove plastic wrap. No one take are of your car better than you .
True, but I don't have the time to wash my own car because of work, and I live in an apartment, so I don't really have the space to wash my car as well.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Rule number one don’t use those washers TOUCHLESS WASHERS ONLY

Especially with these generation’s of Honda’s coming out because they have THIN paint. It’s super delicate, and scraps and can potentially come off too easily.. so wash the car yourself and get it waxed religiously to take care of the paint
I mean I've used them before with no damage done to my car, it's just this time I decided to try a new place, and they just attacked my car with those big brushes before the tunnel, which I did not like at all. I found a touchless wash, so I'm gonna try that out. If that doesn't work out, I'll just pay extra to go to a handwash place near me from now on

nawx

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic EX-T
Country flag
I mean I've used them before with no damage done to my car, it's just this time I decided to try a new place, and they just attacked my car with those big brushes before the tunnel, which I did not like at all. I found a touchless wash, so I'm gonna try that out. If that doesn't work out, I'll just pay extra to go to a handwash place near me from now on
Yeah I would look into detailing shops. A lot of the ones around me offer a basic hand wash service and its not super expensive. It's a lot more than the 5-10 bucks (I would say it'll be around (25-40) you'll pay at the auto wash but, you're paying for peace of mind.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Yeah I would look into detailing shops. A lot of the ones around me offer a basic hand wash service and its not super expensive. It's a lot more than the 5-10 bucks (I would say it'll be around (25-40) you'll pay at the auto wash but, you're paying for peace of mind.
Not many detail shops around me lol. I know one, but it's in a super bad area and they're always booked for some reason

Vic_L

First Name
Victor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
A COMPOUND will cut more/deeper than a POLISH.

The scratches you have doesn't look very deep, so a 1 or 2, maybe 3, rounds of polish might get them out.
Otherwise, you can do 1 ~ 2 rounds of compound, then 1 round of polish, and finish it off with a sealant/wax.
You can do it by hand, but if you have like a 2-in-1 compound/polish drill attachment, or an actual polisher, it will save you time.

- Meguair's Ultimate Compound
- Meguiair's Ultimate Polish / Autogylm Super Resin Polish
- Wax / Sealant

Autogylm Super Resin polish is a polish with fillers, and wax.
It can work as both polish + sealant, but it won't last as long as a full-on wax/sealant.

Meguair's Ultimate Compound / Meguair's Ultimate Polish / Meguair's Ultimate Liquid Wax / Autogylm Super Resin Polish are in my arsenal of tools...

Barry

Banned
Banned
First Name
Allen
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda civic
Country flag
Kind of hard to see the scratches, but there are a whole bunch of little scratches going all different directions. Car wash says they "reviewed" camera footage and they're 100% percent confident they didn't do it. I know those automatic car washes are a bad idea, but I've never had problems with scratches in the past. I decided to try a new place out, and they first scrubbed down the car with brushes before entering the tunnel, which was odd and concerning for me, because no other car wash I've been to has never done that before. They aren't noticable unless you're super close, but I would still like to fix them. Any ideas?

IMG_20200222_180357.jpg
The paint on these civics are pure garbage, I use a hair dry to heat up the turbo stick to take it off and the good for nothing paint started to peel off

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
A COMPOUND will cut more/deeper than a POLISH.

The scratches you have doesn't look very deep, so a 1 or 2, maybe 3, rounds of polish might get them out.
Otherwise, you can do 1 ~ 2 rounds of compound, then 1 round of polish, and finish it off with a sealant/wax.
You can do it by hand, but if you have like a 2-in-1 compound/polish drill attachment, or an actual polisher, it will save you time.

- Meguair's Ultimate Compound
- Meguiair's Ultimate Polish / Autogylm Super Resin Polish
- Wax / Sealant

Autogylm Super Resin polish is a polish with fillers, and wax.
It can work as both polish + sealant, but it won't last as long as a full-on wax/sealant.

Meguair's Ultimate Compound / Meguair's Ultimate Polish / Meguair's Ultimate Liquid Wax / Autogylm Super Resin Polish are in my arsenal of tools...
Thank you!
I just bought one off of Amazon that came with a sponge, haven't had time to try it out yet. The reviews were good for light scratches, and I thought mine were light, so I decided to go with that one.

OP
OP

daniellee789

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
The paint on these civics are pure garbage, I use a hair dry to heat up the turbo stick to take it off and the good for nothing paint started to peel off
Oh wow, I thought something like that would happen to me when I took my dealer sticker off, but I guess since it wasn't on there for too long, it was fine. I didn't have to heat it up or anything (also living in Georgia and taking it off during the summer probably helped lol)

Suma Performance

Elite Sponsor
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CIVICX
Country flag
To protect your paint and easy maintenance, you can always apply paint sealant after you clean the car. A good paint sealant (good hydrophobic properties) repels dirty and grime. Instead of taking to a local detailer/washer, you can wash your the yourself with ease and less effort (saving more money in the long term).

This is what the paint looks like with our sealant.
Honda Civic 10th gen Car wash scratched my car, how to fix these scratches? IMG_1451

PNWCIVICSPORTHB

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Civic Sport HB
Country flag
a few ways you can fix that. take it to a pro and have them polish it. of you can buy the machine and stuff to do it yourself . investing in the machine and stuff is usually worth it for those that intend to do it more than once .
Sponsored