Car was keyed, matching paint colour an issue...

dolviolex

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Hey everyone,

Owner of many civic's of many generations but this post is for my mother's 2017 4 door EX in White.

Car was keyed on passenger door so I took it to a shop that does work on my german car. They wouldn't do it so referred across the street to another shop. First attempt they got the colour and replicated the orange peel perfectly but the clear coat had divots in a couple spots so I made them sand and polish. Well this made the passenger door smooth as glass and did not match the finish of the fender and rear door. Second attempt they sanded and re-cleared the passenger door and the result was a more yellow tint than the fender and the rear door. The third attempt will be to sand and add some colour to the passenger door and rear door and then re-clear those two doors. I am beyond angry at this point...

One small fix turned into a huge mess. This is why I wanted the shop I usually use to have fixed this... I am hesitant to let them do the third attempt as it could just get even worse.

Has anyone come across something like this yet...?

Pics attached.
Honda Civic 10th gen Car was keyed, matching paint colour an issue... IMG_1192
Honda Civic 10th gen Car was keyed, matching paint colour an issue... IMG_1191

Thank you so much.

zroger73

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 MX-5 Miata GT-S, 2021 Ridgeline RTL-E
Country flag
My red Si sedan was vandalized last year. I used the same body shop I've used a few times before who always did impeccable work.

https://www.civicx.com/threads/cons...cord-sport-2-0t-10at.23113/page-7#post-433575

The issue in my case turned out to be the sealer coat they applied under the base coat and clear coat was darker than the factory sealer and was showing through the red paint which is why it was still obvious even though they blended into the front fender and rear door.

Rather than deal with a third repair attempt, I sold the car.

civicls

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX-T, 18' Odyssey Elite, 07' Sienna
Country flag
Hey everyone,

Owner of many civic's of many generations but this post is for my mother's 2017 4 door EX in White.

Car was keyed on passenger door so I took it to a shop that does work on my german car. They wouldn't do it so referred across the street to another shop. First attempt they got the colour and replicated the orange peel perfectly but the clear coat had divots in a couple spots so I made them sand and polish. Well this made the passenger door smooth as glass and did not match the finish of the fender and rear door. Second attempt they sanded and re-cleared the passenger door and the result was a more yellow tint than the fender and the rear door. The third attempt will be to sand and add some colour to the passenger door and rear door and then re-clear those two doors. I am beyond angry at this point...

One small fix turned into a huge mess. This is why I wanted the shop I usually use to have fixed this... I am hesitant to let them do the third attempt as it could just get even worse.

Has anyone come across something like this yet...?

Pics attached.
IMG_1192.jpg
IMG_1191.jpg

Thank you so much.
Make the rest of the car smooth as glass t:D

Mick the Quick

First Name
Mick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 PMM Civic Type R (R-08508)
Country flag
I would only offer an observation that any damage or imperfection is 300% worse on the driver side. Nothing like being reminded of the problem every time you approach the vehicle.

Good luck!