Car taking forever to "warm up" after oil dilution TSB

turbo lover

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
Going downhill with no throttle input seems to be the ultimate test. Feeding cold air with little combustion.
Surely beats stopping at a stoplight for a minute of two.
Maybe i not that abnormal, being a small engine that needs to cool down a turbo...Could be hard to find a happy medium between the ability to cool in summer and not letting it cool down too much in the winter, for a relatively cheap car...
I block off the grille in winter, it seems to help.
Sponsored

WhiteCastleKid

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport Touring
Country flag
I picked the car up today- they told me Honda came out with another update to the software and they flashed it into the car. I have to say the car warmed up MUCH quicker and stayed right on. After the original TSB was done last week, it would warm very slowly the cool down and I'd lose heat- the temp gauge was all over- so far today it gets to operating temp and stays there
I had the updAte done the first day it was out. Did u say there is one now that is better. Thanks

OP
OP
Swey

Swey

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 chevrolet silverado custom dbl cab
Country flag
I had the updAte done the first day it was out. Did u say there is one now that is better. Thanks
They just don't replace the one part to save money on the recalls, but it does the same exact thing. If you already had the update/recall performed then they won't be able to do it again as your car is already at the most recent version.
Sponsored