Country flag

Ripper3785

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP EX-L Sedan CVT
Country flag
If you find wich one.
Further, disconnecting the battery may reset some things in other systems that you may not want to reset. Pulling the fuse is the same and finding which one should be easy since there is a diagram on the cover.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Further, disconnecting the battery may reset some things in other systems that you may not want to reset. Pulling the fuse is the same and finding which one should be easy since there is a diagram on the cover.

If disconnecting the battery make the car not working and need to go to the dealer, Honda have a big problem !

Ripper3785

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP EX-L Sedan CVT
Country flag
If disconnecting the battery make the car not working and need to go to the dealer, Honda have a big problem !
You are misunderstanding my point. There are other systems besides the infotainment that 'relearn' after you disconnect or change a battery. Many folks may not want to reset these to clear up infotainment issues.

latole

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
You are misunderstanding my point. There are other systems besides the infotainment that 'relearn' after you disconnect or change a battery. Many folks may not want to reset these to clear up infotainment issues.
I don't misundersating. I mean if you have no choice. If other system relearn by itself with no issue why not ?

Ripper3785

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 WOP EX-L Sedan CVT
Country flag
If other system relearn by itself with no issue why not ?
Primarily, because there is no reason to have those systems relearn if it's easier to reset the radio by pulling it's fuse instead of disconnecting the battery. Other things like MPG may temporarily suffer while emissions systems relearn.

OP
OP
GunslingerEvan
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
So just got out of the dealership after a 4 hour wait and they said that they couldn't do anything to fix it so they are ordering me a new headunit and ill be coming back to my dealership next week for the swap.

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
Damnit my car just did this and I'm driving the damn thing 2300 miles round trip in a few days... Perfect timing. I tried wiping cache and doing the wipe data/reset and then reboot and still nothing it just always comes back to this screen.

OP
OP
GunslingerEvan
First Name
Evan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Honda Civic EX
Damnit my car just did this and I'm driving the damn thing 2300 miles round trip in a few days... Perfect timing. I tried wiping cache and doing the wipe data/reset and then reboot and still nothing it just always comes back to this screen.
So I took my car in yesterday and they swapped out the tablet portion of the headunit and that didn't resolve it, they overnighted me the radio component and are installing that today, so hopefully that fixes the issue. Still don't have my car yet. Will update again when I actually get my car or a call from my dealership.

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
Just curious - were both of you rooted when this happened?

maddmatt02

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic ex-t 2016 crv lx 2001 accord ex 1997 integra gs
Country flag
I am, have had no issues with it yet, and the only thing I did different was yesterday I remapped a key just to test but then cleared it back to normal. Today I had to reboot the stereo because my phone wouldn't connect (does so quite often and I have rebooted somsi rooted) and it came back up to this. I don't remember if I have the stereo back as a host or device or whatever but I guess I could try hooking it to the laptop and re-running the hack...

I just found somebody who had the problem in a new crv 10 days 250 miles in that says they were just playing music with the iPhone when it happened. This was his 22 year old nanny saying so and she drives it so she may have unlocked it and not said anything...

Last edited:

davemarco

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Type R (CBP), 2013 Audi TTRS
Country flag
I am, have had no issues with it yet, and the only thing I did different was yesterday I remapped a key just to test but then cleared it back to normal. Today I had to reboot the step because my phone wouldn't connect (does so quite often and I have rebooted somsi rooted) and it came back up to this. I don't remember if I have the stereo back as a host or device or whatever but I guess I could try hooking it to the laptop and re-running the hack...
I recall that many of my older rooted phones would automatically boot into recovery if they lost power. Usually, it was no big thing, since you could just use the hard keys to select the reboot option and boot into the OS as normal. Not sure why the hard keys on this car have no effect, but I'm concerned that if this soft lock happens and the dealer can tell that you've rooted, they may try to deny warranty claims. I doubt that they know enough about Android systems for them to suspect this, but it's always possible.
Sponsored