Car sales people needed

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Lunar silver coupe 1.5T
Country flag
hey I bought the third party extended warranty from the dealer just because. That’s not important nor needs to be discussed. What I want to know is do I have to go to that dealership for warranty work? It is not a Honda warranty as that expired somehow despite only 1600 miles. Based in some company in Cali. I have a 2 star rated service center so I’m hesitant to use them. I can just see them up charging me without my permission. So should I call other dealers and ask them if they will accept it?
Sponsored

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
hey I bought the third party extended warranty from the dealer just because. That’s not important nor needs to be discussed. What I want to know is do I have to go to that dealership for warranty work? It is not a Honda warranty as that expired somehow despite only 1600 miles. Based in some company in Cali. I have a 2 star rated service center so I’m hesitant to use them. I can just see them up charging me without my permission. So should I call other dealers and ask them if they will accept it?
READ what you signed.. It should tell you.

Did you not READ it "BEFORE" you signed it ??

I suspect that if it's a3rd party Warranty, then service has to be done by one of their Approved Service Locations, but not necessarily the Dealer you purchased the warranty from. They just made a commission on the Sale, and are most likely an Authorized service Location for that warranty, but they are not the only one.

Think about it. Say your Bought a 3rd party Warranty, in California, from a Company based in Chicago, and then you moved to New York, do you really expect that that warranty would require you to travel all the way back to California for any service work. ?
It can't work like that !!!

Now, the Dealer you bought the 3rd party Warranty through might LIE to you (Big surprise), and tell you that only they can do the Warranty work, but that would be total BS.

Once again READ what you signed, and the fine print in the Warranty Document that you purchased.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Your honda warranty expired at 1600miles? What kind of warranty work on the car you are attempting to receive at that mileage? I'd imagine whole a lot more to the story

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Your honda warranty expired at 1600miles? What kind of warranty work on the car you are attempting to receive at that mileage? I'd imagine whole a lot more to the story
Oil change lol. And possibly have them look at the shocks and coils. The Honda warranty is based on mileage AND time. So the car has been on the lot for a year so I guess it fell out of warranty.

latole

Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic Lx 2018 Manual , Civic LX 2016 Manual
Country flag
Oil change lol. And possibly have them look at the shocks and coils. The Honda warranty is based on mileage AND time. So the car has been on the lot for a year so I guess it fell out of warranty.

2017 Civic
How much mileage ?
Honda Civic 10th gen Car sales people needed Capture d’écran, le 2019-01-24 à 09.17.15

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
If you bought it NEW from a Dealer, the warranty starts at the date of sale, NOT the date of manufacture (Back in 2017)

It does not "Fall out of warranty" on the Dealer's Lot.

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
If you bought it NEW from a Dealer, the warranty starts at the date of sale, NOT the date of manufacture (Back in 2017)

It does not "Fall out of warranty" on the Dealer's Lot.
Well i got a letter and called them. I think because I bought an extended warrenty Honda just removed theirs.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Well i got a letter and called them. I think because I bought an extended warrenty Honda just removed theirs.
I think you need to get a clearer understanding of what you have bought as extra warranty, and what warranty came as standard with the new car.

Very little of what you have said so far, seems correct to me .. but then, I am only going on what you have reported in the forum.

OP
OP
NoHonor937

NoHonor937

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
UPDATE: I found out this was a third party advertisement and not a letter from Honda. I apologize for any confusion I’ve caused. Also I called the extended warranty company and I can take the car anywhere and it’s accepted. Thanks for everyone’s help
Sponsored