Car running lean with Prl Sri (Street Maf)

Hoang_Honda

First Name
Hoang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Accord V6 Touring. 17 Civic Si Coupe.
Country flag
I got the Prl Sri intake and use it since March with no cel now it just pops up. I don't have a tuner to delete this P0171 code and I don't mind driving my car with the cel on. Im just worry that running lean like this in long run will do damage or not to my engine. So any thought?
Sponsored

hobby-man

First Name
Mike
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2021 WRX STi, 2018 Sport Touring Hatchback (sold)
Build Thread
Link
Country flag
Do you have the right MAF housing? There's a non-Si and an Si version.

An intake should NOT throw a CEL, I'd remove it and see if that clears the error. Not something you should just turn off.

H3llsp4wn707

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2015 wrx
Country flag
I got the Prl Sri intake and use it since March with no cel now it just pops up. I don't have a tuner to delete this P0171 code and I don't mind driving my car with the cel on. Im just worry that running lean like this in long run will do damage or not to my engine. So any thought?
Get a tune or take it out. Thats just my non professional opinion. Otherwise check for a vaccum leak and clean your MAF. Lean cars can cause the motor to run very hot inside because you're not getting enough gas to cool the piston and cylinder walls. I would definitely get the issue straightened out and wouldn't gamble with my new $25k car. I dont understand why people would risk damaging your motor instead of spending $1k on ecu/dyno tune (half of what you spent just on tax to buy the car) and making sure your vehicle runs safely and efficiently.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2022 Polestar 2, 2010 Lexus IS 350 Sport
Country flag
Get a tune or take it out. Thats just my non professional opinion. Otherwise check for a vaccum leak and clean your MAF. Lean cars can cause the motor to run very hot inside because you're not getting enough gas to cool the piston and cylinder walls. I would definitely get the issue straightened out and wouldn't gamble with my new $25k car. I dont understand why people would risk damaging your motor instead of spending $1k on ecu/dyno tune (half of what you spent just on tax to buy the car) and making sure your vehicle runs safely and efficiently.
Or just use the stock intake...

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
OP
OP
Hoang_Honda

Hoang_Honda

First Name
Hoang
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
15 Accord V6 Touring. 17 Civic Si Coupe.
Country flag
This time I installed the intake myself. I unplugged car battery and redo everything and leave my car unplugged for an hour. I will update if the cel go away or not.

amirza786

First Name
A
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
This time I installed the intake myself. I unplugged car battery and redo everything and leave my car unplugged for an hour. I will update if the cel go away or not.
Good luck to you. If it continues to run lean you may want to put the stock intake back on for now and purchase Ktuner, which has tunes for various aftermarket intakes, or get a custom tune, which can be the more expensive option. Either way don't ignore the error. Hopefully this resolves your issue
Sponsored