Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
Wondering what you guys use to change your oil? I have usually in the past been lucky enough on my others cars to just jack up one side and get to drain plug, however now having a protective shield to take off I feel like I need to step up the game. I hate the traditional car ramps that are like 8” tall, just always feel like the car is gonna fall when you first put them on due to steep incline. Found below nearby in local store, wanted to see your thoughts? Total incline is 3” which should be enough for me to do what I need.
https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rrr-6009-v2
Sponsored

360glitch

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Accord Sport 2.0T, 2017 Si Sedan (Sold), 2017 Sport Hatchback (Sold)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Why not jack up both sides? Ramps may be ok but I’ve never used them.

dc2turbo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic,teg
Country flag
Honda Civic 10th gen Car ramps 11909-RhinoRamps_layingflat

I use rhino ramps rated for 12,000lbs

If it's just 3", you may as well go to lowes and get some wood and make your own.

with those ramps, I think it's barely enough. So I'm not sure how you are going to get down under it with 3"

Last edited:

marauderguy

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Touring
Country flag
Ramps are the only way to go. It doesn't get any easier than that. They are very safe and well worth the minor investment.

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
You don't have to jack up both sides. There's a central jack point right behind the motor. Its convenient as hell.

Slide 1 jack underneath, up it goes, jam 2 stands under the rails on the side, and you're good.

Rickmeister 48

First Name
Overlord
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic ex-t
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
11909-RhinoRamps_layingflat.jpg

I use rhino ramps rated for 12,000lbs

If it's just 3", you may as well go to lowes and get some wood and make your own.

with those ramps, I think it's barely enough. So I'm not sure how you are going to get down under it with 3"
I have these also,it was just barely enough room for me.

OP
OP
Dimitron84

Dimitron84

First Name
Patrick
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI
Country flag
You don't have to jack up both sides. There's a central jack point right behind the motor. Its convenient as hell.

Slide 1 jack underneath, up it goes, jam 2 stands under the rails on the side, and you're good.
Pic of where it’s at? Is it is in the manual?

CivicXI

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EX-T, Civic EX HB
Country flag
I usually pick up like, a couple of jugs at a time at Walmart when I get groceries. Jack car up, undo shields, bucket under drain plug, visual check of everything, tighten drain plug, wrench filter off, wipe, new filter, redo shield, lower car, put in new oil. It literally takes 15 min.

Or.. drive 30 min to dealer. Paper work. Wait 45-60 min, drive 30 min home.. no thank you.

CobraCommand

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Canadian Civic LX Hatchback, formerly 2017 Canadian Civic LX Sedan
Country flag
I use the dealership because by the time you buy the supplies you could be eating lunch while others do the work.
I've work in a shop changing oil. Trust me my friend, if you saw what went on you'd never trust anyone else to change your oil.

Ataricade

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si
Country flag
I've work in a shop changing oil. Trust me my friend, if you saw what went on you'd never trust anyone else to change your oil.
BZZZZ in my 40s now, Same dealership and Service manager since I was 18. They do fine work.