Car got keyed 2 weeks in (vent) (no pics)

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
Like the title says, my car got keyed through the length of both doors and extending a few inches beyond the doors on both ends on the passenger side. Also slight scuff on the hood near the passenger side as well where they probably swung their keys over it real quick after keying the side. Koreatown is such shit.. I could park anywhere downtown directly next to the numerous street dwellers or mentally ill homeless people and have no issues. Ktown people have no respect for anyone's property. Don't think it went through the clear coat so for the most part it's fine, but the fact that someone decided to specifically target my car is pretty upsetting.

Was street parked in a residential area a block away from a major street (next to beverly/western).
Sponsored

silverrascal

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Honda Civic EX hatch
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
That. Sucks. Sorry man.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2023 civic EX Aegean blue metallic
Country flag
The problem is people are jealous that someone’s has a nice car and their mad because they have a piece of junk they don’t realize that the person that has a nice car bust their back getting it ..sorry to hear about your car

Monnk13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 civic si
Country flag
Like the title says, my car got keyed through the length of both doors and extending a few inches beyond the doors on both ends on the passenger side. Also slight scuff on the hood near the passenger side as well where they probably swung their keys over it real quick after keying the side. Koreatown is such shit.. I could park anywhere downtown directly next to the numerous street dwellers or mentally ill homeless people and have no issues. Ktown people have no respect for anyone's property. Don't think it went through the clear coat so for the most part it's fine, but the fact that someone decided to specifically target my car is pretty upsetting.

Was street parked in a residential area a block away from a major street (next to beverly/western).
Years ago when I was in college, my ITR got keyed. Did you recently break up or cheat on a girlfriend? I’m prob gonna get shit for this from social justice warriors but keying a car is usually a woman thing. I’m pretty sure it is done as a symbolic castration (at least that’s what Freud would say)

OP
OP
geeeek

geeeek

First Name
Daniel
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Black Civic Hatch Sport 6MT
Country flag
The problem is people are jealous that someone’s has a nice car and their mad because they have a piece of junk they don’t realize that the person that has a nice car bust their back getting it ..sorry to hear about your car
what gets me is that there are far nicer cars in terms of both price and performance street parked around here. Maybe it’s because the civic is more relatable if you can’t afford a car yet. Now that I think about it I’ve never once seen a 10th gen si street parked at night, and for good reason I’m guessing. Lot of 8th gen si’s sitting around at night though.

Years ago when I was in college, my ITR got keyed. Did you recently break up or cheat on a girlfriend? I’m prob gonna get shit for this from social justice warriors but keying a car is usually a woman thing. I’m pretty sure it is done as a symbolic castration (at least that’s what Freud would say)
haha no, but my girlfriend has been complaining that I’m spending too much time with my car.. HMMM

NotSerious

First Name
Me
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018CivicLXSedanCVT
Country flag
I have seen people deliberately open their doors into the car parked beside their car. I had someone kick my new car in a pub parking lot leaving a big dent. I had a friend who had a new Buick get vandalized in his driveway. Homeless people around where I live are vandalizing other people's property all the time. You had the antifa/occupy wall street thugs that would do this sort of thing.

People hate for any number of reasons but it usually comes down to envy. The flashier/newer/more expensive the car, the more likely that you will get vandalized.

Sorry for the damage to your baby. Maybe, you should find a new place to park or get a motion-detector camera to identify the culprits.

Gruber

First Name
Mark
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Sport Touring; 2009 Honda CR-V EX-L
Country flag
Los Angeles? It didn't go through the clear coat? You are lucky.
This is true car vandalism in LA:

But there are other kinds of vandals, like this one:

Last edited:

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I witnessed a fight in a parking a while ago. There’s many handicapped license plates in the state of Florida very few handicap parking spots. At a Walmart there was a Mazda Miata and a Honda CR-V the Miata got to the spot first the guy in the CR-V jumped out and was yelling at the Miata guy and the CR-V guy kicked the door of the Miata for a old handicapped guy he put a large dent in the door.. as I came back out of Walmart there was a cop outside and the CR-V guy was in the back seat of the cop car

ExVTEC

First Name
Elliot
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 CTR
Country flag
Years ago a buddy of mine was in class and was looking out the window. He saw a guy keying his recently repainted Civic Si. He saw the guy then briefly get into his own car. My buddy ran to the lot but the guy was gone, his car was still there. My buddy proceeded to kick in every single body panel of the guys car. He went back to class and waited. A while later the guy shows up and my buddy watches the guy freak out. Instant karma I guess.

JudgeCrater

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic, Ridgeline, Accord
Country flag
Years ago a buddy of mine was in class and was looking out the window. He saw a guy keying his recently repainted Civic Si. He saw the guy then briefly get into his own car. My buddy ran to the lot but the guy was gone, his car was still there. My buddy proceeded to kick in every single body panel of the guys car. He went back to class and waited. A while later the guy shows up and my buddy watches the guy freak out. Instant karma I guess.
Got to love this one. We left the city in Southern CA. So much happier in the country.

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
I feel (felt) your pain.

Lived in a decent apartment complex in Southern California decades ago. Bought a nice used car. Paint got keyed. Tires got slashed (more like stabbed). Shed no tears watching CA get little in my rear view mirror. A car could get vandalized anywhere but hasn't happened again in the decades since i left. It often doesn't pay to have a nice vehicle unless you have a garage to store it in and a secure place to park it at work. Even then you have to park it in public sometimes.

saz468

First Name
Stan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
Got to love this one. We left the city in Southern CA. So much happier in the country.
Although I hated Long Island I lived there for 46 years it was crowded and dirty and the potholes destroyed your car but a good portion of people respected your car if you park out on the furthest parking spot there wasn’t a dent up crap box parked next to you. I moved to SW Florida five years ago which was lesser people (not in snowbird season) and cleaner people here have no respect for your car unless you have a pickup truck are a Dodge Charger with a rebel flag painted on it. I had a 2014 Hyundai Elantra coupe when I came down here I had people throw things at me on the road cut me off in their pickup trucks. When I bought my 2018 civic ext it was a week old I park it in the furthest spot when I went back to my car a pickup truck was parked next to it and someone was leaning against my car So yes this is country for me I’m a little happier than in Long Island but the people here are different

alias Igme

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Alfa Romeo 156, Honda Civic (1.5t hatchback)
Country flag
Sorry to hear that. That sucks.
I remember on my Alfa last year - someone superglue'd some letters on my side, gasoline door, and 2 tire caps. And did not notice it until the next day.

ManofGod1000

First Name
Joe
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Si Couple Energy Green
Country flag
Although I hated Long Island I lived there for 46 years it was crowded and dirty and the potholes destroyed your car but a good portion of people respected your car if you park out on the furthest parking spot there wasn’t a dent up crap box parked next to you. I moved to SW Florida five years ago which was lesser people (not in snowbird season) and cleaner people here have no respect for your car unless you have a pickup truck are a Dodge Charger with a rebel flag painted on it. I had a 2014 Hyundai Elantra coupe when I came down here I had people throw things at me on the road cut me off in their pickup trucks. When I bought my 2018 civic ext it was a week old I park it in the furthest spot when I went back to my car a pickup truck was parked next to it and someone was leaning against my car So yes this is country for me I’m a little happier than in Long Island but the people here are different
What happened when you found the person leaning on your car?
Sponsored