LingLingplayz

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
It’s a sad day my beauty was involved in a car accident. Other car failed to yield at a intersection and rammed into me...... what do y’all think the insurance company going to do? Total or repair? Driver airbags were deployed. Even if repaired is it worth it to keep it or just trade it in?

Honda Civic 10th gen Car crash FC224A91-C5FF-43E3-9F4A-F7440ECB4EA1
Sponsored

Civics4Ever

Rally Red EXT
First Name
Gene
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
04 Civic Sedan LX, 17 Civic Coupe Touring
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Sorry for your car. Im not an expert, but unless the frame is bent, i dont think its a total. If it drives fine after the repair, i think your good.

Dipz

First Name
Dipz
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'19 Type R
Country flag
Glad you're okay, that's what counts. Best of luck with the car situation.

NeoDragons

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Sedan EXT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
It’s a sad day my beauty was involved in a car accident. Other car failed to yield at a intersection and rammed into me...... what do y’all think the insurance company going to do? Total or repair? Driver airbags were deployed. Even if repaired is it worth it to keep it or just trade it in?

FC224A91-C5FF-43E3-9F4A-F7440ECB4EA1.jpeg
:(oh no....

CVCTURBO

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport 6M
Country flag
Feel like I always heard if the airbag is deployed it's considered totaled but could be wrong

Siiick

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
21 GT500, 20 Bolt EV, 19 Z06
Country flag
So sorry to hear, accidents are never fun but glad you are OK. I've been involved in a couple where in both cases the other drivers were at-fault. I had all repairs completed with OEM parts and then sold the cars shortly thereafter. They never felt like the same car prior to the accidents.

If your state allows for it, go after their insurance company for the diminished value. Your car now has an accident on its record and will never be worth what it was prior to the accident. You can do it yourself but it's a lot of work. I ended up hiring a professional. Only cost me $350 for each time and in return he got me $3k for each accident. Here's his website if you want to learn more - https://www.directdv.com

OP
OP
LingLingplayz

LingLingplayz

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
So sorry to hear, accidents are never fun but glad you are OK. I've been involved in a couple where in both cases the other drivers were at-fault. I had all repairs completed with OEM parts and then sold the cars shortly thereafter. They never felt like the same car prior to the accidents.

If your state allows for it, go after their insurance company for the diminished value. Your car now has an accident on its record and will never be worth what it was prior to the accident. You can do it yourself but it's a lot of work. I ended up hiring a professional. Only cost me $350 for each time and in return he got me $3k for each accident. Here's his website if you want to learn more - https://www.directdv.com
Thanks man!! I will definitely look into the diminished value claim if my vehicle isn’t determined to be a total lost. My other concerns are I have a prl cobra intake and my ktuner still in the car how do I go about taking back my parts if it is determined as a total lost? Because all the dash lights went off in the crash and idk if the ECU was damage and if I’m able to still unlink it from my car @KTuner

PEPSIFLAME

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2020 Honda Civic EX Hatchback
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Good thing about the 10th gen is they can take a hit. I was t-boned 3 days after buying my hatch. $17k in damages. All I had was some stiffness and burns. Walked away and still made it to a movie screening that night.

OP
OP
LingLingplayz

LingLingplayz

First Name
Andrew
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
If my vehicle does become totaled am I allowed to remove my PRL Cobra Cai?

bluehatch17

First Name
bluehatch17
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 sport touring hatchback. 2019 Coupe sport.
Country flag
My old car was flooded and totaled. The car sat at the repair place for a few days before final tow away. I went and removed mods.

Sil98

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Type R, '08 Kia Sorento, '03 WRX, '97 Del Sol Si, '90 Supercharged TA
Country flag
Tell the tow yard personnel you need to retrieve your personal items, tools, paperwork, etc..

Shankmeyster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
23 Si
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
If the airbags deployed it's most likely totaled as they cost a LOT to replace on top of whatever repairs are required. I just hit my right front in the accident I was in and no airbags but it was almost a total. The cost to fix any major damage on these cars is INSANE.

brotard

First Name
Logan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX
Country flag
Sorry for your car. Im not an expert, but unless the frame is bent, i dont think its a total. If it drives fine after the repair, i think your good.
I bought a totaled car that had neither frame damage or airbags deployed. I believe if the cost to repair is over 75% of the value of the car then the insurance claims it a total loss. Which just replacing a few body and mechanical parts can add up pretty quick.