Car Audio Install, Am I missing anything?

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
Hello Everyone

I am about to install my car audio stuff

Here is what i have

NVX VAD11005
1100W Full Range Class D 5-Channel

Speakers:
4 x JBL GX602 6-1/2 2-way

Metra 9 Wire
http://www.metraonline.com/part/MC918-20

4 Gauge Single Amplifier Wiring Installation Kit
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_45061_NVX-XAPK4.html

NVX XIX45
4-Channel RCA Audio Interconnect Cable

NVX NSW122v2 (NSW122 v2)
350W RMS 12" Dual 2-Ohm Car Subwoofer

Axxess AX-DSP-HON2
Plug and Play T-Harness

NVX XFLOC4
4-Channel Line Output Converter with Digital Noise Filter + Line Driver

Just wondering if i am missing anything important
Thank you
Sponsored

joh17

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
1985 Toyota CelicaSupra, 2019 Honda Civic Hatchback Sport
Country flag
Hello Everyone

I am about to install my car audio stuff

Here is what i have

NVX VAD11005
1100W Full Range Class D 5-Channel

Speakers:
4 x JBL GX602 6-1/2 2-way

Metra 9 Wire
http://www.metraonline.com/part/MC918-20

4 Gauge Single Amplifier Wiring Installation Kit
https://www.sonicelectronix.com/item_45061_NVX-XAPK4.html

NVX XIX45
4-Channel RCA Audio Interconnect Cable

NVX NSW122v2 (NSW122 v2)
350W RMS 12" Dual 2-Ohm Car Subwoofer

Axxess AX-DSP-HON2
Plug and Play T-Harness

NVX XFLOC4
4-Channel Line Output Converter with Digital Noise Filter + Line Driver

Just wondering if i am missing anything important
Thank you
First off. . .which model do you own?

These are also needed:
1. Line driver - if your planning to use OEM radio. (Example: audio control LC7i)
2. Speaker adapters (I just installed them they fit, they come with new screws too) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/323849702942
3. 6.5" Foam baffle (protects the speakers from the weather) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/192436085877
4. Fuse block and Negative terminal block if your amp kit didn't come with them. Don't forget the FUSE
5. 1 more 2 channel RCA cable. Your amp is 5 channel, you bought a 4 Channel RCA cable. So your missing 1 for the 5th channel.
6. Speaker box for the Sub. Get a ported box. Takes less power to get stupid loud.

You may need some more stuff.

Here my install:

Honda Civic 10th gen Car Audio Install, Am I missing anything? Image.PNG

OP
OP
PandaXpress

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
First off. . .which model do you own?

These are also needed:
1. Line driver - if your planning to use OEM radio. (Example: audio control LC7i)
2. Speaker adapters (I just installed them they fit, they come with new screws too) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/323849702942
3. 6.5" Foam baffle (protects the speakers from the weather) - https://www.ebay.com/itm/192436085877
4. Fuse block and Negative terminal block if your amp kit didn't come with them. Don't forget the FUSE
5. 1 more 2 channel RCA cable. Your amp is 5 channel, you bought a 4 Channel RCA cable. So your missing 1 for the 5th channel.
6. Speaker box for the Sub. Get a ported box. Takes less power to get stupid loud.

You may need some more stuff.

Here my install:

Image.PNG
1. I just have a regular line out put not a nice as the Audio Control
2. All the speakers are already in and running
3. i dont think i will rip open the rear again to add those...
4. the kit came with a Fuse Holder but do i really need the Negative terminal block???
5. the Amp has a 5 Channel option where it draws signal from the front channels
6. I have a sealed box

thank you kindly for your input but do do i really need the Negative terminal block since i only have one amp???
thats a clean set up you have!!!

joh17

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1. I just have a regular line out put not a nice as the Audio Control
2. All the speakers are already in and running
3. i dont think i will rip open the rear again to add those...
4. the kit came with a Fuse Holder but do i really need the Negative terminal block???
5. the Amp has a 5 Channel option where it draws signal from the front channels
6. I have a sealed box

thank you kindly for your input but do do i really need the Negative terminal block since i only have one amp???
thats a clean set up you have!!!
If you did the install without a negative terminal block then you're fine. Its only if you had other accessories and wanted to have a clean looking system.

That's cool that your amp allowed you to use the other channels to run the sub channels. How about a demo video?

Thanks for you input on my build.

quality_sound

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport HB
Country flag
1. you don't need a line driver, and with most amps you don't even need an LOC UNLESS you have the premium system. The base system output can be fed right into most amps as many have an LOC built in OR can accept high level signals through their RCA inputs.
3. Foam baffles will not appreciably help your speakers last longer but they can make them sound a bit hollow as they don't have nearly enough airspace for almost any car specific speakers. If you decide to use them, cut the lower half off to let the speaker breathe.
4. He doesn't need a grounding block. I can make a multi-amp install easier, but even then it's not needed.
5. His amp may sum the inputs and have its own level control so an additional RCA cable may not be required.
6. No. Some subs are designed for sealed enclosures. Choose the type that the sub is designed for.

joh17

First Name
John
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
1. you don't need a line driver, and with most amps you don't even need an LOC UNLESS you have the premium system. The base system output can be fed right into most amps as many have an LOC built in OR can accept high level signals through their RCA inputs.
3. Foam baffles will not appreciably help your speakers last longer but they can make them sound a bit hollow as they don't have nearly enough airspace for almost any car specific speakers. If you decide to use them, cut the lower half off to let the speaker breathe.
4. He doesn't need a grounding block. I can make a multi-amp install easier, but even then it's not needed.
5. His amp may sum the inputs and have its own level control so an additional RCA cable may not be required.
6. No. Some subs are designed for sealed enclosures. Choose the type that the sub is designed for.
1. Some amps take in high level inputs some don't. Great point. You should never put a high level signal through RCA inputs on an amp. High level input may put out higher voltage up to 8-9V than most amps should take it. Most amps accept 3-5V input through the RCA inputs. Anyone installing an amp should look at their specs sheet to verify before any work is done. The Honda bass system output has had so many complaints. If it were a budget build then maybe, but I would not rely on that signal.
Skip 2.
3. The foam baffle will keep falling water from falling onto the woofer. Agreed to have lower half trimmed.
4. Already clarified, OP is running a single 5 channel amp. Agreed grounding blocks makes multiple amp installation easier.
5. Already clarified, OP summed channels for low level.
6. OP sub "NVX NSW122v2". Spec sheet says either Seal or Ported.

OP
OP
PandaXpress

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
sweet thanks for everyones input im gonna try to install this sunday or next week when i have time

quality_sound

First Name
Paul
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Sport HB
Country flag
1. Some amps take in high level inputs some don't. Great point. You should never put a high level signal through RCA inputs on an amp. High level input may put out higher voltage up to 8-9V than most amps should take it. Most amps accept 3-5V input through the RCA inputs. Anyone installing an amp should look at their specs sheet to verify before any work is done. The Honda bass system output has had so many complaints. If it were a budget build then maybe, but I would not rely on that signal.
Skip 2.
3. The foam baffle will keep falling water from falling onto the woofer. Agreed to have lower half trimmed.
4. Already clarified, OP is running a single 5 channel amp. Agreed grounding blocks makes multiple amp installation easier.
5. Already clarified, OP summed channels for low level.
6. OP sub "NVX NSW122v2". Spec sheet says either Seal or Ported.
1) A point of clarification. Some amps are designed to take high level inputs through their RCA inputs. Arc Audio is one example. Obviously you'll want to check the amp's manual first, but this isn't a hard and fast rule anymore.

OP
OP
PandaXpress

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
the manual doesn't mention the voltage for the inputs but this is a budget build

OP
OP
PandaXpress

PandaXpress

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
EX-T with Honda Sensing
Country flag
I installed the amp and i also changed the front and rears speakers to JL C2-650x.
Honda Civic 10th gen Car Audio Install, Am I missing anything? 20200418_143806

Honda Civic 10th gen Car Audio Install, Am I missing anything? 20200418_201253

I still gotta clean it up more. Took forever to do the rear speakers ......

Renton

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic 1.5 sport.
Country flag
Hi that looks great ??

I have a base model stereo with 8 speakers and have got components ready to fit.

How did you tap off the speaker wires to feed into the amp ?

Did you use any sound deadening ?

How does it sound then ?
Sponsored