Car Accident :(

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Well here it is, my first car accident :( Driving to work today in the morning, getting on the freeway on ramp my light is green i'm going the speed limit and some idiot lady turns on a red light without waiting the 3 seconds and without looking for cars like myself coming!!!! the worst part is that the freeway on ramp has 2 lanes! i saw that she was not going to stop so i slowed down and she got into my lane instead of getting on the lane closest to her!!! i hope you guys follow what i'm saying.. got all the insurance exchanged now I just hope everything works out and they leave my cars front looking new again... by the way this civic is very safe, i hit her at about 30mph and did not feel a thing and the damage is not that bad... but since it's a white car it stands out like a sore thumb :( thanks for any advice in adavance...

Honda Civic 10th gen Car Accident :( ima

corbygray528

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
CR-Z
Country flag
Oof, I hate to see this. Like the other poster said, glad you are ok! It seems like the situation could have been a lot worse than it was, but you did a good job at paying attention and minimizing it from the way you describe. Hope it can be fixed swiftly and properly.

OP
OP
joserevelo

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
yeah thanks for the kind words... i'm feeling a little better now.. not so angry. we both reported our claims already and mon/tuesday i should know who's taking liability of the accident... i'm almost 100% sure i'm good because she ran the red light and even swerved into the farthest lane instead of merging slowly.. but you never know now a days with all these laws.. anyway thanks a lot once again and be safe out there

OP
OP
joserevelo

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
the accident could have been a lot worse but thankfully god was watching over me.. can anybody recommend any good dashcams? any price i honestly don't care as long as it doesn't take up so much room and/or wires everywhere... thanks

Ben&Jen

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Cosmic
oh man i feel for you...was she texting...and did she get the ticket...

OP
OP
joserevelo

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
oh man i feel for you...was she texting...and did she get the ticket...
she did not get a ticket.. cop was weird man it's like he did not care about my car, he even said i could have slowed down faster considering the breaks on new cars are so good. obviously he was being a smartass but i'm not worried about him i just hope her insurance fixes this mess by mon/tuesday and takes the liability..

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
she did not get a ticket.. cop was weird man it's like he did not care about my car, he even said i could have slowed down faster considering the breaks on new cars are so good. obviously he was being a smartass but i'm not worried about him i just hope her insurance fixes this mess by mon/tuesday and takes the liability..
That's messed up! Actually i don't know if the guy who caused my car accident got a ticket, I was too banged up/freaked out to ask (he fell asleep at the wheel and slammed into me at a red light). Did you get a witness by any chance? The officer at least wrote in the report that she ran a red light right? You should be good to go:) just keep ontop of the car insurance people! I regretted not getting a lawyer for mine (it was my first wreck and I didn't know better) but I had a more major wreck than yours.

OP
OP
joserevelo

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
That's messed up! Actually i don't know if the guy who caused my car accident got a ticket, I was too banged up/freaked out to ask (he fell asleep at the wheel and slammed into me at a red light). Did you get a witness by any chance? The officer at least wrote in the report that she ran a red light right? You should be good to go:) just keep ontop of the car insurance people! I regretted not getting a lawyer for mine (it was my first wreck and I didn't know better) but I had a more major wreck than yours.
this was my first wreck where i MYSELF am driving so it was all different for me, I was on top of it all by documenting everything and taking pics. I tried to get the officer to write a report and he told me they don't make reports unless somebody was hurt physically.. WTF! i was like really man.. so there is no report but she had no damage at all, just my car,. I've already contacted her insurance and mine and started my claim.. tomorrow or tuesday I should be contacted and they'll let me know who's taking liability for this. This damn lady was at fault no doubt so I hope it all works out :/

Angela1256

First Name
Angela
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic EXL
Country flag
this was my first wreck where i MYSELF am driving so it was all different for me, I was on top of it all by documenting everything and taking pics. I tried to get the officer to write a report and he told me they don't make reports unless somebody was hurt physically.. WTF! i was like really man.. so there is no report but she had no damage at all, just my car,. I've already contacted her insurance and mine and started my claim.. tomorrow or tuesday I should be contacted and they'll let me know who's taking liability for this. This damn lady was at fault no doubt so I hope it all works out :/
Aw that sucks there is no report, would help but it should work in your favor :) lol the idiot who hit me took a week to report it to his insurance then attempted to blame the accident on me and the other car lmao, he was a total moron.

OP
OP
joserevelo

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
Aw that sucks there is no report, would help but it should work in your favor :) lol the idiot who hit me took a week to report it to his insurance then attempted to blame the accident on me and the other car lmao, he was a total moron.
yeah i guess cops don't do reports if there's no injuries:( anyway i hope it all works out tomorrow.. like i said damage looks minimal but the front bumber, grill, and left headlight are all needing to be replaced for a clean new look with not memories of the hit... which will be expensive since i'm going to the dealer collision center. wish me luck lol

kperalta

AluminiumCivic
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic Touring
Country flag
That's terrible! The paint looks like my rear bumper when I knicked a tow hitch lol. Hope it all works out well. The cop should have made a report regardless (idk what the law is) if he was a considerate person, but it appears he just didn't care. Either way.

Here's the dash cam I have. I can even show you how I have the single wire run tomorrow if you'd like. It's great and works as advertised. One thing they don't say is that the face plate will turn brown from the sun lol. It's been reviewed by many tech youtubers as well, most importantly a car guy I watch called ChrisFix.

Vantrue R2 Dash Cam 2K Ultra HD 2.7-Inch LCD Car Dashboard Camera DVR Recorder w/ Parking Sensor & Superior Night Vision (32GB microSD card included) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CODX8ZY/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_WfwoxbX0WT5ZT

Everybody needs a dash cam. Wouldn't need to worry about who's at fault, because all you'd have to say is "I have a video".

OP
OP
joserevelo

joserevelo

J Revelo
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Honda Civic
Vehicle Showcase
That's terrible! The paint looks like my rear bumper when I knicked a tow hitch lol. Hope it all works out well. The cop should have made a report regardless (idk what the law is) if he was a considerate person, but it appears he just didn't care. Either way.

Here's the dash cam I have. I can even show you how I have the single wire run tomorrow if you'd like. It's great and works as advertised. One thing they don't say is that the face plate will turn brown from the sun lol. It's been reviewed by many tech youtubers as well, most importantly a car guy I watch called ChrisFix.

Vantrue R2 Dash Cam 2K Ultra HD 2.7-Inch LCD Car Dashboard Camera DVR Recorder w/ Parking Sensor & Superior Night Vision (32GB microSD card included) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B01CODX8ZY/ref=cm_sw_r_other_apa_WfwoxbX0WT5ZT

Everybody needs a dash cam. Wouldn't need to worry about who's at fault, because all you'd have to say is "I have a video".
Yeah perfect! i'm going to be ordering this one or something similar.. i just need to know the info on them.. like battery life.. and wires and stuff.. thanks. tomorrow if you could upload a youtube video of your setup in your car and any additional info would be a great help for myself and lot's of other forum members; thanks

somarilnos

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Honda Civic EX-T
Country flag
yeah thanks for the kind words... i'm feeling a little better now.. not so angry. we both reported our claims already and mon/tuesday i should know who's taking liability of the accident... i'm almost 100% sure i'm good because she ran the red light and even swerved into the farthest lane instead of merging slowly.. but you never know now a days with all these laws.. anyway thanks a lot once again and be safe out there
In a case like this, it's a matter of hoping. Even though it sounds like you were in the right, it's not necessarily all about just your account of it. The cop responding has to write up a report based on where the damage is and which narrative that best describes. If she's saying "hey, my light was green, and this person blew a red and hit my car" and you're saying "hey, my light was green, she turned on red without making sure it was safe, and we were in an accident", there has to be a judgement call made. You can be 100% certain that you're right, but the cop is in a difficult situation of your word against hers. Unless the story she told was identical to yours, in which case it's much easier.

Do you have a copy of the police report yet? One tidbit I've gathered (although this may be different by state). Usually, the way the report is written up, "Vehicle #1" on the report is the one considered to be responsible for the accident, and the narrative of the report details how it was caused by that vehicle.

As far as the damage goes to proving your side of things - front end damage is usually a bad thing when you're trying to prove your case without any mitigating evidence. It helps that it's front/side damage, but still makes it more difficult.

Hope things go well when everything gets sorted out.
Sponsored