Cap less Fuel Filler TSB A18-014

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
As of August 2018 All 17-18 CTRs are included in the TSB. I have had minor fuel spills while filling but minor. It just sort of spills into the black plastic but haven’t had anything serious. Has only happened a handful of times.

Should I bother? As usual I always worry about them making things worse. They will also add a plastic cap on the fuel door to cover the cap less system for moisture and water I assume.
Sponsored

Arcam

First Name
Eddie
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 CTR
Country flag
As of August 2018 All 17-18 CTRs are included in the TSB. I have had minor fuel spills while filling but minor. It just sort of spills into the black plastic but haven’t had anything serious. Has only happened a handful of times.

Should I bother? As usual I always worry about them making things worse. They will also add a plastic cap on the fuel door to cover the cap less system for moisture and water I assume.
Interesting, when you say spill do you mean as the nozzle cone out some fuel spews into the drain area?

If so that hacks me off it is a poor design. After reading about the plastic guard for the fuel door I purchased one in the UK for mine as it looks like a good idea.

OP
OP

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
Interesting, when you say spill do you mean as the nozzle cone out some fuel spews into the drain area?

If so that hacks me off it is a poor design. After reading about the plastic guard for the fuel door I purchased one in the UK for mine as it looks like a good idea.
Just like a bit of an overfill into the black area. But not the paint. The lid cover is definitely a good idea.

OP
OP

garoto

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
05 RYP S2K, 18 CW CTR
Country flag
I got it done. They seem to have done a good job on it. I filled up once without issue. Let’s see what happens over a few fill-ups. The old part number is discontinued. So this was a redesign of some kind.

It’s good to know my car didn’t go ignored and I have Honda’s latest intended design.
Sponsored

Last edited: