GiggleFactory

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
So I brought my car in for the 18-137 software update and ac control unit recall on my 16 Civic touring. I just recieved my hondata Flashlro but I can't install a tune cause the Honda software on the cars ECU is more current than Hondatas software. Does anyone know if I can roll back my ECU to the stock software? Or am I SOL until Hondata updates their software/tune to be compatable?

I haven't contacted Hondata yet as I found this out late last night and am now at work. Will shoot them an email later but I was hoping someone here might know a trick.
Sponsored

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
This was exactly my concern about this TSB. Anything involving an ECU or Software change was almost guaranteed to stop Hondata or KTuner from working. You may have to wait for an update from Hondata. I'd reach out to them ASAP to get this ball rolling and work with them to get it working again.

OP
OP

GiggleFactory

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
This was exactly my concern about this TSB. Anything involving an ECU or Software change was almost guaranteed to stop Hondata or KTuner from working. You may have to wait for an update from Hondata. I'd reach out to them ASAP to get this ball rolling and work with them to get it working again.
Yeah that was my thinking too. Just bought the car before Christmas and didn't cross my mind to hold off on the update after I bought the flashpro.
I'll contact hondata on Monday to see what they have to say.

gtman

First Name
Mitch
Threads
Reaction score
Website
www.civicx.com
Vehicle(s)
2017 Cosmic Blue EX-L Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
I have a Ktuner now but the same concern. I think those of us with tunes need to hold off on the recall until Hondata and KTuner get this sorted out. I kind of imagine the pro tuners are scrambling to figure this mess out.

ryyoo13

First Name
Ryan
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 civic si
Any update on this?
Just got my car with the recall this mornjng. Tune was erased, and went to the shop i had flash it, and they can’t get into the ecu now. Was on the phone with hondata for over an hour trying to figure it out. Seems like hondata May need to come up with an update for their tune as of now

Last edited:

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
Just got my car with the recall this mornjng. Tune was erased, and went to the shop i had flash it, and they can’t get into the ecu now. Was on the phone with hondata for over an hour trying to figure it out. Seems like hondata May need to come up with an update for their tune as of now
Were Hondata surprised about this situation when you called them yesterday?

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Were Hondata surprised about this situation when you called them yesterday?
They should've known about this to be honest. It was asked weeks ago when this TSB started rolling out.

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
Country flag
So you're saying that you flash it back to stock before going to the dealership and had this problem with the ecu. What did you find out?

das borgen

First Name
Richard
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
E36 M3, Ducati 748, '17 EGP Si Coupe
Country flag
They should've known about this to be honest. It was asked weeks ago when this TSB started rolling out.
where was it asked? link please?

Civicster

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic EX-T MT
Country flag
So I brought my car in for the 18-137 software update and ac control unit recall on my 16 Civic touring. I just recieved my hondata Flashlro but I can't install a tune cause the Honda software on the cars ECU is more current than Hondatas software. Does anyone know if I can roll back my ECU to the stock software? Or am I SOL until Hondata updates their software/tune to be compatable?

I haven't contacted Hondata yet as I found this out late last night and am now at work. Will shoot them an email later but I was hoping someone here might know a trick.
Did you find out anything yet from Hondata?

OP
OP

GiggleFactory

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
Did you find out anything yet from Hondata?
Unfortunately I've been wicked busy for the last few weeks and haven't had the time to reach out to them about this. Idk if anyone else has.

OP
OP

GiggleFactory

First Name
Shawn
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring
Country flag
On second thought I made a quick forum post over on the Hondata forums. If that yeilds no solid answers I'll try and take some time out next week to get this sorted.