Can't install an APK using Honda Hack - Help Please!?

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
Hey all,

I have an '18 Type R with Honda Hack installed. I have installed and use several APK apps from either Honda tuners (KTuner Tuner View Lite,) and from the Honda Hack app list (Waze, Spotify, Netflix).

However, I am attempting to install an APK I downloaded from www (dot) apkpure (dot) com - the app is an exhaust controller app from Remus.

When I go to the install from local disk screen on Honda Hack, the button where you click "Install" is greyed out and there is a big question mark logo next to the APK file name. This also happened when I tried to install the Torque app.

Anyone know why this is? Is this just a bad APK file? Any advice would be greatly appreciated!
Sponsored

ElusiveJones

First Name
Bob
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Coupe EX-L
Country flag
What versions are you using? At the very least, they need to be compatible with android 4.2.2. so you can't just be using the latest versions. Apart from that, if it's still not working, check cmdroid. They're for hr-v I'm pretty sure, but it's a better baseline for compatible versions than randomly trying ones that are 4.2.2 compatible(maybe). Maybe check what other requirements the apps need(play services for example?)

OP
OP

idragmazda

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Fk8
Country flag
What versions are you using? At the very least, they need to be compatible with android 4.2.2. so you can't just be using the latest versions. Apart from that, if it's still not working, check cmdroid. They're for hr-v I'm pretty sure, but it's a better baseline for compatible versions than randomly trying ones that are 4.2.2 compatible(maybe). Maybe check what other requirements the apps need(play services for example?)
Thanks, the app is Android 4.3 so i think i'm out of luck!
Sponsored