minitech

First Name
Josh
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic SI 4 door
Country flag
I have suntrek cxp 35% all around including AS-1 line and 18% rear. I think it's the perfect amount of tint and also i can't get pulled over and get a ticket for it.

IMG_0789.jpg
Agreed i did the same but i did 35% on the two front doors and 20% on the back looks great and provides some privacy too.
Sponsored

eagles13

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Hatchback EX
Country flag
Did 15% all around, wish it was darker to be honest. But I will say that at night time it is slightly hard to see through them, but not as bad as you might think. You can still see headlights in the mirrors which is really all you need, or just roll down the window.

e85sbm

First Name
Steve
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Civic EX-T
Country flag
Did 15% all around, wish it was darker to be honest. But I will say that at night time it is slightly hard to see through them, but not as bad as you might think. You can still see headlights in the mirrors which is really all you need, or just roll down the window.
Kinda hard to roll down the window to drive when its -30 outside and snowing

NoKz

Speed Limit Tester
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'18 Si Coupe (Sold 12/2021)
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I went 20% on driver and passenger front windows and 5% on rear windows and back glass.

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't decide what tint % to get nwRV4UG

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
I just wanted to mention that the 10th gen Civics already come with at least 70% "factory tint" already in the windows, so anyone planning on keeping it legal should keep that in mind and make sure to calculate the combined tint percentages instead of just going with the percentage of the tint itself.

So for example, say the lowest legal tint limit in your state is 35% and that's what you go with:

70% factory tint + 35% window tint = 24.5% total when measured with a tint meter, which is ticket-able.

Here's how to calculate it (using the same example): 0.70 x 0.35 = 0.245

CT0760

First Name
Austin
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Sport Touring, Blue
Country flag
I did 30 all around, I dont like different tints between the front and back and I guess I wasn't wanting it too light or dark (shrug)

long_meats

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Coupe LX CVT
Country flag
New York only 70% tint is legal. Got a tint exemption card though now I can get Limo if i really wanted lol
Smart choice, definitely worth the piece of mind. I recently had laser eye surgery and was able to get a medical waiver as well.

Neps18Si

First Name
P-Low
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Civic Si sedan (sold), 2019 Civic Sport Hatch CVT
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just like my Jetta before 5% all around except the windscreen and sunroof. It’s tough at night, but I am careful.
I like my kids to be private and snug in the back seat, plus this florida sun during the day can be brutal.

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't decide what tint % to get F97ACE08-1CE2-4742-B71B-A9ACD2DC4373

Honda Civic 10th gen Can't decide what tint % to get DDED24B5-C4D6-4448-B46C-7042421B48FC

Last edited:

HexSosa1

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic Touring Sedan
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
Just like my Jetta before 5% all around except the windscreen and sunroof. It’s tough at night, but I am careful.
I like my kids to be private and snug in the back seat, plus this florida sun during the day can be brutal.

F97ACE08-1CE2-4742-B71B-A9ACD2DC4373.jpeg

DDED24B5-C4D6-4448-B46C-7042421B48FC.jpeg
I have a 18 Touring sedan in the same color and this is the exact look I am going for although 5% is dark for me, I am thinking 18% all around should do the job to achieve the same look, also getting the chrome grill blacked out with a vinyl wrapping at the same time to give the touring sedan a more Si type look although slightly different with the bumper vents being different.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
How difficult is it to see at night? Cause I want 20% But I still think its too light. I do not want people looking into my car at all or seeing me.
YOU might not want that, but unfortunately, the Police do !!!

What I did to decide what tint level I "would Like" was to buy some cheap sheets of tint, and temporarily (very roughly) put them on myself, to see what it looked like, from both the inside & outside. If you have not put tint on yourself before -- FORGET about doing it at all well the 1st time !!!

I decided what I liked, then talked to my tint guy, and finalized what he would finally put on the car. BTW: I live in MD, and MD does not do annual or semi annual inspections, where they check the tint among other things.
If you live in a state with these inspections, and you OVER-TINT, expect to get a repair order to correct it .. EXPENSIVE .. especially if you have it corrected (1st Expense) and then after the inspection, go and get it re-tinted back to the original Illegal tint (2nd Expense)

Of course, if you get stopped, and you are unlucky to get an Over Jealous "Police Officier", he might pick up on your over-tinted windows, and issue you a repair order as well.

BTW: Getting a Medical Exception for darker than Normally Legal tint is a very big PITA - they do not make it easy, and some states, while you can, nobody, including the Police seem to know how you are meant to go about it, and what forms need to be completed.

So, currently I have my old 1987 Maxima Tinted the way I like it ;)

(not likely to be stopped or noticed that much by the Police when driving an "Old Station Wagon" - even if it has a highly tuned 300ZX engine, and "can" go like a bat out of hell !! )

Now I have to decide if I want to risk doing the same to the new Si :dunno: which is much more of a target for the Cops.

As far as the effect on what you can see when tinted, I find that during the day, it's fine-- I can actually see better than without tint - there is so much light, I can hardly perceive any difference as my eyes get use to the darker view, and it looks fine.

At night when dark, eyes also get use to the dark (Night Vision) and while it is obviously darker, I believe I can see just fine.

The most difficult time is at dusk or dawn, when there is ambient light outside, but it is not very bright. then I do notice it is darker, and see a big difference if I have a window rolled down, and then wind it up and look through the tinted window.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2018 Honda Civic SI Coupe. . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon. . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Pulsar NX . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .1987 Nissan Maxima Wagon (2nd Donor Wagon for parts)
Country flag
I have a medical exemption so I am just trying to figure out what % is safe for night driving, But also provide me the privacy I like.

Maybe 15%
15% is very dark for night driving for the side windows and rear window.
Are you also exempt to tint your windscreen at all ? IF so, to what level.
I cannot imagine more than 50% max for the windscreen.

What was the process you had to go through to get a medical exemption, and what documentation for it do you need to carry in the car in case you are stopped. ?

kg4fxg

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2019 Civic Hatchback Sport Touring Black
Country flag
I like tint, worried about being pulled over? If pulled over will have window lowered. Bought car and it already had 35% tint. What am I going to do ask dealer to remove it? Looks great. Black car black tint. I am in Georgia. I made sure I got a copy of dealer added options when I bought the car and carry it with me. I did not ask for it. As of this post no 2019 Black Hatchback Touring is available yet. With 35% you can't see in the hatch. Hard to see if there is anything to steal not that I leave anything in the car. And I am sure it will help protect the leather and keep car cool in the hot summer months. Keep in mind if you drive in other states. Not sure of the laws there. Hence, why I carry purchase print out with me.

SCOPESYS

First Name
Geoff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Country flag
I like tint, worried about being pulled over? If pulled over will have window lowered. Bought car and it already had 35% tint. What am I going to do ask dealer to remove it? Looks great. Black car black tint. I am in Georgia. I made sure I got a copy of dealer added options when I bought the car and carry it with me. I did not ask for it. As of this post no 2019 Black Hatchback Touring is available yet. With 35% you can't see in the hatch. Hard to see if there is anything to steal not that I leave anything in the car. And I am sure it will help protect the leather and keep car cool in the hot summer months. Keep in mind if you drive in other states. Not sure of the laws there. Hence, why I carry purchase print out with me.
I am reasonably sure that your car is covered by the Tint Laws of the State it is currently licensed in, not necessarily the state you get stopped in.
Sponsored