Cancer on interior plastics

Modomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #0369
Country flag
I have the same thing on my gauge cluster and front grill.
Sponsored

OP
OP
Chad

Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
I was able to obtain a picture when from the dealer when the car came off the truck and still had all the plastics on the inside. If you look closely you can see where the plastic bubbles up by the climate control there is no spot but in the areas the plastic was making contact there are blemishes. Wonder if it was due to the heat of sitting in port for months and the chemicals in the adhesive caused this.

Honda Civic 10th gen Cancer on interior plastics Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 12.40.38 PM

Modomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #0369
Country flag
I was able to obtain a picture when from the dealer when the car came off the truck and still had all the plastics on the inside. If you look closely you can see where the plastic bubbles up by the climate control there is no spot but in the areas the plastic was making contact there are blemishes. Wonder if it was due to the heat of sitting in port for months and the chemicals in the adhesive caused this.

Screen Shot 2017-07-13 at 12.40.38 PM.png
when I look at these pics...to me, it looks like the blemish is there on the left pic also. you can kind of see the reflection.

parshisa

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Civic X Hatchback LX
Country flag
Does anyone else have blemishes on the plastic surrounding the climate control and on the gauge cluster?

I noticed this prior to delivery but thought it just needed to be properly cleaned, to my surprise I was not able to clean these surfaces. I was curious if anyone else has had a similar issue or if maybe it was an isolated problem.

Thanks -Chad-
01.JPG
02.JPG
03.JPG

04.JPG

05.JPG
Well, I don't have the CTR but my hatch had the same issue but not only on the plastics but all over the car. Rear view mirror, driver's mirror, inside of the windshield, plastic covering gauge cluster - you name it - all covered with this crap. I had custom leather seats installed so I though they must've used some crap during the install. Looks like it wasn't them. So, to get it off, I used clay on the glass/mirror surfaces and PlasticX for all plastics. It took it right off although left some marring and swirls behind. Can't really see it unless looking for it. Oh well Honda, you messed up again....

TypeRish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Rsx Type S & 2015 Tlx
I have the same issue on my gauge cluster and its driving me nuts.. i also thought it might have been from a chemical at the dealership but this looks like it might be from Honda directly

OP
OP
Chad

Chad

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Many
Country flag
Finally got over to the dealer yesterday and after them trying to clean up the plastics (they could not) they agreed to replace them under warranty. Should have the parts by Wednesday and getting them installed on Saturday.

I appreciate everyone's input and for those with a similar issues take it in to your dealer.

Thanks -Chad-

TypeRish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Rsx Type S & 2015 Tlx
Finally got over to the dealer yesterday and after them trying to clean up the plastics (they could not) they agreed to replace them under warranty. Should have the parts by Wednesday and getting them installed on Saturday.

I appreciate everyone's input and for those with a similar issues take it in to your dealer.

Thanks -Chad-

Great they covered it, im gonna have to take it to the dealer

Modomo

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
'17 Civic Type R #0369
Country flag
I had similar looking stuff on my front grille. Clay barred it and came off, not sure if it'll work with the interior parts. But I think the defect on my front grille was overspray cause I found more on my driver door and side skirt.

Gomba3333

First Name
Jeff
Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2017 Civic Type R (CW)
Noticed some splotches on my gauge cluster lenses - plastic polish fixed it perfectly.

TypeRish

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
06 Rsx Type S & 2015 Tlx
Just got my car back from replacing the gauge cluster at the dealership... on my way home i noticed they scrathed my steering column cover pretty bad smh

TypeRinATL

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
Type R
Country flag
That's from being wiped down with a solution of isopropyl Alcohol or a solvent based cleaner.

100% guaranteed. I did it to mine trying to remove the smudges.

Dealer will warranty and the plastic lens only cost $16. I have two extras here as I hate the plastic scratches.

How easy is it to replace those lenses over the gauge cluster? I may buy some extras if it's not too difficult.
Sponsored