Cancelling Extended Warranty

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I was in the Honda dealer today for the parking break recall. I ask about to cancel my extended warranty but they keep convincing me to keep it. Is there any other ways to cancel it and will I get partial of my money back after cancel??
Sponsored

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
I was in the Honda dealer today for the parking break recall. I ask about to cancel my extended warranty but they keep convincing me to keep it. Is there any other ways to cancel it and will I get partial of my money back after cancel??
I'm assuming it's a dealer extended warranty and not Honda Care?

OP
OP
3vilhomer

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
I'm assuming it's a dealer extended warranty and not Honda Care?
Ya, is 7 years extended warranty. What excuse I can use to cancel it? They keep saying even I sold the car it still can carry on to the next honda car

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
you don't need the dealer at all to cancel it, you can do it all by yourself like I did. Look at your extended warranty paper you should have received in the mail within 30 days. You should be able to find the info on it about cancelling. You have to mail them a letter with some specific info on it and a you write a specified statement to the effect that you want to cancel it. You don't need a reason. Also you can do a search online "how to cancel an extended warranty" and it tells you exactly how to do it. Then the warranty company will refund the full amount you paid by crediting it back to your auto loan balance. That's what I did. It's pretty easy, just make sure you do exactly what the instructions say.

OP
OP
3vilhomer

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
you don't need the dealer at all to cancel it, you can do it all by yourself like I did. Look at your extended warranty paper you should have received in the mail within 30 days. You should be able to find the info on it about cancelling. You have to mail them a letter with some specific info on it and a you write a specified statement to the effect that you want to cancel it. You don't need a reason. Also you can do a search online "how to cancel an extended warranty" and it tells you exactly how to do it. Then the warranty company will refund the full amount you paid by crediting it back to your auto loan balance. That's what I did. It's pretty easy, just make sure you do exactly what the instructions say.
Should I say I'm planning to mod the car so is gonna void the warranty anyway... Lol

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Should I say I'm planning to mod the car so is gonna void the warranty anyway... Lol
no, don't tell them anything at all. Just say you want to cancel it. An old girlfriend once told me "never tell anyone anything they don't need to know".

Last edited:

Lunar

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic Touring Sedan
Country flag
No reason is necessary, just cancel it. If it actually asks for a reason, any reason would do. It's not like they will refuse to cancel it because your reason is not good enough. It's within your consumer rights to cancel.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
Is your extended warranty the Toyota warranty? That's the other one Honda sells.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
have you received a copy of it yet? I got mine in the mail about three weeks after I bought my car.

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
call this no. It's Honda extended warranty "Honda Care customer service"- 800 999 5901
They'll tell you how to cancel

OP
OP
3vilhomer

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
call this no. It's Honda extended warranty "Honda Care customer service"- 800 999 5901
They'll tell you how to cancel
they told me my dealer didnt setup the warranty through them...
i am looking at my vehicle invoice and it says is a CCC 7yrs/75k, so does this mean Continuous Customer Care is different from Honda Care??

David Harper

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
2016 Civic coupe
Country flag
don't know which warranty company you've got. You might have the Toyota warranty. That's the one I had. You might have to go back to your dealer to get the info about the warranty, and it's going to be like pulling teeth. They're not going to want to help you cancel the warranty, even though by law they have to.

OP
OP
3vilhomer

3vilhomer

Threads
Reaction score
Vehicle(s)
civic EX-T
Vehicle Showcase
Country flag
don't know which warranty company you've got. You might have the Toyota warranty. That's the one I had. You might have to go back to your dealer to get the info about the warranty, and it's going to be like pulling teeth. They're not going to want to help you cancel the warranty, even though by law they have to.
ya i called toyota warranty... which iono y honda warranty have to call toyota... so they told me to write a letter saying i wanna cancel and mail it to them. the money will credit to honda finance services.
Sponsored